Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle just returned from a weekend in Georgia, where he stopped of at a yard sale and bought 4 rifles for less than $150.00. 3 were .22s (1 bolt and 2 semi autos) and one customised 6.5mm Italian Carcarno.

Then he brings them to me to see what they are worth, and asks if it was a good deal. I loaned out my gun value book last week and don't have it back yet.

Is anyone familir with this modle? The wood is near perfect, no dents or scratches, A patch with gun oil on it picks up some surface rust on the barrell, but just enough to tell it has not been oiled for a while. Blueing is near perfect. Trigger is gold.

Any help will be appreciated. Know of any sites that might have info I need?

Nick

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,493 Posts
I take it this is the semiauto? Just another variation of the venerable Model 60, I believe. I don't think Marlin ever produced a bad gun. You'll enjoy them. :right:

I have eight Marlin rimfires now myself. Kinda like those Lays taterchips. :cheer:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. He came by and picked'em up just after I got'em cleaned and oiled.

I bought the J.C. Higgins Modle 38, with an M-38 J.C. Higgins scope from him. Good shooter. It is promised to my son for a report card that is all "A"s. I hope he can earn it.

Nick

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a nice little rifle. I figured it would be worth more than the average run of the mill .22. I just couldn't find anything much on it.

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts