Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just been too lazy to go to the store and get a bunch of different boxs of ammo fer my old marlin 60. i been shooting remington thunderbolts and golden bullets and the groups just aint small enuff. what ammo have yall tryed in your marlins that make the smallest groups. out to about 80 yards im hittin maby over 3" pattern and thats not that good to me. thanks for yalls feedback

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
CCI mini mags have worked well for me. As have Federal American Eagles. I haven't had much luck with my Model 60 with any Remington products.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I'm rather fond of the CCI too, but not adverse to the bulk Fedral stuff it works well in my Ruger 96

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
A 3+" print at 80yds ain't bad for the 60,I'm loading my bolt Marlins with a diet of Federal hollow-points,same with the Grand-kids 60s.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i might go and try some cci mini mags heard nothing but good things about them so with the bulk federals

·
Registered
491 Posts
Federal works great in my 60. It is a sqirrel head buster.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Actually my Model 60 has always shot best with the Remington gold bullets (about 1" or slightly more at 50 yards). Never had much luck with the Federals. However, you might also want to try the Winchester Power Points. They shoot great out of my CZ 452 (less than .5" at 50 yards), and that big hollow point really does a number on a squirrel's head (just don't body shoot them).

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,353 Posts
CCI Minimags will tighten it up, but cost a good deal more.
Most of my .22 rifles seem to like Winchester Xperts these days.
Federal Auto Match does pretty well too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts