Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just shot a remington bullet from my marlin and the thing exploded.
Besides killing my ears, it fucked my gun.
I cant open the bolt.
Im so pissed, this was my favorite gun in the whole wide world.

Where can i buy another bolt?

I still cant get the damn thing to open, so i guess ill have to assess the damage after i figure something out.

It looks like the only thing wrong is it messed up the arms that hold the bullet.
It will load one in the chamber, but wont eject it.
So where can i find that little thing?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
those are called extracters, and you might try to open the bolt tapping it with a block of wood, check with numerich arms on the extractors

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
[URL="http://www.numrichgunparts.com[/URL] They cost $650 plus s&h sam. Oh he**,put numrich on your search bar and find it.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,362 Posts
Hmmm . . . sounds like the cartridge might have had a 'double load'. Remington .22LR ammo tends to be inconsistent, but that is bad! I'd return the box to Remington, with a nicely worded explanation of what happened.
And Numrich should have the part (extractors).

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Please have the gun checked by a competent gunsmith before you fire it again just in case there was more damage done than you can see.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
While not eleminating a possible over charge,from the pictures I believe you had casing failure.The mouth of the casing never expanded which indicates rhere was no high pressure to expand it.The way I look at it the rim blew before the powder had time to build pressure.Make sure the bore is clear and the bullet isnt lodged in the barrel as not expanding the mouth of the case inducates very low pressure,maybe not enough to push the bullet out.As suggested,I would send the casing to Remington with the lot # which is on the opening flap of the cartridge box.I wouldnt fire any more cartridges.I would send all of them to Remington. sam.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
You need a professional

Please check out available sources for an expert who can check your gun. Any bending of metal is a very serious problem. It may cause physical harm at sometime in the future. Better safe and a little more broke than sorry with a big medical bill later on.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
It broke the extractor.There was no high pressure or it would have opened the mouth of the case.Make sure there was pressure enough to push the bullet out and get the new extractor and clip it on and go shooting. sam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts