Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing at my local gunshop today, eyeing rifles I can't afford, when I asked about Marlin Lever guns. I was looking for a 39A in .22 cal but having none, they showed me a mod 56 they had on hand.

It is a short throw action, and has easy scope mounting (they had one fitted) also looks like it would be easier to 'load and fire single rounds only' (a local range requirement).

Anyone know anything of these rifles ? Any owners out there offer some insight ?

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,475 Posts
They are good rifles, but havn't been produced in awhile. Parts may be harder to come by. But everyone I have read owning them like them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Other Marlins I've come across have been easy to strip and clean from the breech end. However as this one is hammerless it looks like that may be a lot more difficult. Anyone know ?

And the other questions is:

Mod 56 vs Mod 39A

Pros and Cons of each design ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
marlin model 56

I own a model 56. This gun is most accurate I have ever owned. I know very little about the gun, but I know that it is an old gun. I took it to a gun shop to have the stock replaced. The gunsmith could not even find me a stock. I would like any info I could get.

·
Premium Member
30,687 Posts
hey vlad (the impaler)tepes
cool name!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

Purchased the 56, but had numerous problems with unreliablity. Ie it wouldn;t necessarily fire when the trigger was pulled !

After REPEATED return visits to the gunshop that sold it to me they have finally agreed for me to return it for store credit. It's a shame because it was a nice little gun BUT no use to me if it's not reliable.

Cheers lads & ladettes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts