close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

marlin model 60

Discussion in 'Marlin' started by tommy, Mar 19, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

any body out there got a marlin model 60 just wondering if i could get another stock for it like the ruger.or any diferent barrels i can get for it.

2. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

3. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Tommy, look in most any good outdoors catalog handling firearms accessories, and you will find the synthetic Dragunov-style stock for the Marlin 60. These are described as working with both tube and box magazine versions.
    I haven't seen aftermarket barrels. The Marlin barrel isn't easily changed like the Ruger. A good 'smith could probably make a custom barrel, but this would be expensive for a "cheap" rifle like the Marlin.

4. Tony @ WCG

Tony @ WCG G&G Newbie

Ohio
    Unless the original Marlin barrel is damaged or rusted, they are a very well made barrel. With some bedding, a trigger job and a recrowning, the various Marlin 22LR and 22 Magnum rimfires really shoot well. In fact some gunsmiths use Marlin barrels and adapt to other actions or turn them into liners for older 22's.

5. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

thanks for the info it shoots really good and i don't have any complaints i was just wondering if i could dress it up a little

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I've got the model 60SB, with the stainless finish and wood stock. One thing I have to do with all my Marlins, is to strip and refinish the stocks. I can't stand that "Marshield" finish they use. The birch looks very nice with a good stain and a few coats of polyurethane gloss. I added a silver Simmons 3-9X32 scope and rings, and it looks really sharp. It'll hit golfballs on the hundred-plus burm. I like it.

7. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

stainless marlin

i hear ya big dog i have been lokkin at those stainless model like you have .i am a big stainless steel fan.being from south la the humidity is very rough on those blue finishes. and at a hundred bucks you can't go whronge

8. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Hay Tommy MArlin Stock

Ok Tommy I knew I seen one from one of the copanies I shop from. Chiper Than Dirt had them.
    Here Is the link to a Draganof Style stock for Marlins..fits severl modles.

The Advanced Technology Inc. Fiberforce Stock Will Fit Both Tube and Clip Fed Marlin Semi-Auto .22's , Both Old and New Style Model 60, 75, 990, 995, etc. This stock is made of 33 % Glass-Filled Fiberglass, It is Extremely Durable and will Last For Years. Assembly Instructions are included as well as all the warranty registration cards for the unconditional lifetime warranty . Comes with front and rear swivel studs as well as a handguard to match. For specific warranty or technical information, contact: Advanced Technology Inc, 102 Fieldview Drive, Suite 400 Versailles, KY. 40383,800-925-2522

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/...gid=&mscssid=U7U965FVQTTL8GGGSHUHM60CGE9N2W9D

9. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

thanks for the info that stock looks great . i might try it got to talk the old lady in to it first

10. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I bought a 60SS Deluxe for my son. I won't shoot
    it until he's old enough to learn how to shoot (because it isn't mine). Beautiful rifle though...
    I might have to buy one for myself.

11. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Oh yeah...Marlin sells stocks on their website