Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is most likely rehashing an old subject, but I am hoping for some help.
I have a Marlin 12ga 3" Magnum "The Original Goose Gun" Model 55 that is in need of a magazine. I have looked everywhere I know and called just about everyone I know that might have one, but have not found one yet. I have found lots of 2-3/4" mags but they will not work in the 3" gun. The 3" shot shell magazine is 3" in length.
Thank you in advance!

· Registered
705 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I wrote Bob an email yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I did call GunParts Corp and they only have the 2-3/4" as advertised. It would be nice if someone had a spare that they did not need. Just have to keep looking...Thanks

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received an email from Bob. He says he has been looking for the 3" mags for years. Maybe someone should start making them again! In my searches I have seen quite a few people looking for them.

· Registered
705 Posts
JSB, well that is a bummer. I am not a fan of detachable magazines for exactly the reason you are searching. More than a few times over the years, I have seen the sad face of a deer hunter who has a difficult-to-load single-shot rifle because he/she left the magazine somewhere other than with the rifle.
You might consider fabricating a wooden plug to fill the void left by the missing magazine. That would facilitate loading single-shot and return the gun to usefulness.

· Wonderment :)
36,844 Posts
JSB: Sir; perhaps 🧐

This listing is for One magazine; buyers, however, may take any number of extras at the same per-mag price, and with no additional shipping charges. As our old friend Joe Lowe used to say, without a magazine it’s only a single shot. Here is a limited listing for 2 shot replacement factory Marlin blue steel magazines to fit the classic Marlin 55 Bolt Action, most famously the Goose Gun. They also fit the Model 512, and some of the store brand shotguns, but please reference Fjiestad’s Blue Book’s brand crossover reference if you own one of those. Capability is for both 2 3/4 inch and 3 inch shells. These little jewels are hard to come by, we even tried with no success to get our local tool and die folk to make us a couple hundred of them. We’re offering the genuine Marlin magazine in the photos or One of its identical mates, each for only $ 49.00. Legal for civilian ownership in all jurisdictions of

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.