Marlin's Assets Purchased By Ruger

Discussion in 'Ruger' started by Cyrano, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    jwrauch, blaster, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  2. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    Now, what's the story with Remington? Total loss or are they just downsizing?

3. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Bankruptcy. All assets have been divided up and auctioned off

4. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Cyrano: Sir; we can hope Ruger will return/maintain Marlins heritage
    And
    Rugers legendary warranty

jwrauch, jerry, blaster and 1 other person like this.
  5. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Got high hopes myself. Like the 870 Wingmaster and 1100. Hopefully someone can keep those models in production with quality!

jwrauch, neophyte and blaster like this.
  6. redcaddy51

redcaddy51 G&G Evangelist

What I need to know is, Will there be warranty repairs? and who will supply repair parts.

RED

neophyte and rando like this.
  7. Gun Junkie

Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

I don't know much about them, but Remington firearms division was bought by the Roundhill Group.

https://thinkingafield.org/2020/10/roundhill-group-llc-purchases-remington-firearms.html

I couldn't find the article that I saw the other day, that said they were mostly interested in Remington's shotguns.

neophyte, blaster and mauser9 like this.
  8. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Good to hear Junkie. Those Wingmasters and 1100s exhibit good quality and hope they remain in production some how.

neophyte, Gun Junkie and blaster like this.
  9. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Liquidation and not a reorganization. Sell off all assets.

neophyte likes this.
  10. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Its hard to say if the buyer of the gun line will do repair for ones built earlier. They may not honor warranties unless made after they acquired the company. I have seen in the past when a gun manufacturer shuts down or sold that all existing parts usually end up bought. Places like Gun Parts Corp{Numrich Arms } maybe?

jwrauch and neophyte like this.
  11. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

This whole debacle smells like what happens when a single guy dies and his 'family' go through his home taking whatever isn't nailed down. Corpse is barely cold and the buzzards pick it clean. :oops:

jwrauch, Palladin8 and neophyte like this.
  12. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

sounds like Remington firearms have a good chance to be rejuvenated if what I read in that link is true. I truly wish them luck. I own several excellent Remington firearms. it slickens me to see what the recent versions have become.

jwrauch, neophyte and jerry like this.
  13. Gun Junkie

Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

Me too!
    If I only had one gun, it would be my 870 Wingmaster.

mauser9 and neophyte like this.
  14. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

This is standard day to day activities for Corporations. Buy a company that is solvent and has large sums of capital. They then restructure the company and alter the production to maximize profit and then suck the company dry. Once they can't squeeze any more blood from the turnip they file for bankruptcy and sell off the company's assets and go buy another company to do the same thing.
    Years ago when Remington was bought out by Freedom group I talked with the owner of the company my friend works for. He had been in Corporate America and played the game for decades before he bought the company he now owns. He told us to keep an eye on things and watch what they do. He said they would do this and he was correct.

Jaison, Big Dog, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  15. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Well, the anti can't legally take our guns, so they'll kill all the gun companies. Bring new production to a halt. Eventually all Firearm transfers become illegal, so they get "turned in" when the owner dies. Ultimately, no guns.

neophyte, blaster and Huey Rider like this.