close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maryland Houise Passes Restrive Gun Bill

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by gandog56, Dec 7, 2017.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland's House of Delegates approved a major gun control measure Wednesday to ban assault weapons, require people who buy handguns to provide their fingerprints and limit gun magazines to 10 bullets.

The House voted 78-61 for the bill, one of Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley's priorities for the legislative session scheduled to end at midnight Monday. All 78 votes in support of the bill came from Democrats, while 18 Democrats joined all 43 Republicans in the chamber to vote against it.

Never mind that pesky "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" part of the Second Amendment!

PAPA G likes this.
  2. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    I think the SCOTUS has agreed States can regulate our RTKBA years ago, probably due to the term “well regulated” in the wording?

3. rockman7

rockman7 G&G Evangelist

We should regulate our military and give them the same magazine limits ?!?

PAPA G likes this.
  4. Rambo

America
    Do what you want in Canada. No one cares.

rockman7 likes this.
  5. rockman7

rockman7 G&G Evangelist

big shrek, Bvhawk and PAPA G like this.
  6. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    I'm lost what does Canada have to do with it??

big shrek, mdj696 and PAPA G like this.
  7. my1871colt45

Oklahoma
    Our police forces yes. Not so sure about our military

PAPA G likes this.
  8. gandog56

I'm still wondering why all the celebs who claimed they were going to immigrate to Canada if Trump was elected, haven't.

big shrek and PAPA G like this.
  9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Same as those who swore to do so when Dubya was elected. These dweebs have no backbone. Won't stand on their promises.

big shrek and PAPA G like this.
  10. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

They passed their sweeping gun bans already in 2013... and put in all the nonsense with the handguns.

Just another example of “liberal compromise”...

Take everything then go scrape the bottom of the barrel of what’s left.

11. Rambo

America
    Our Canadian member was pontificating about what his military should do about magazine size.

12. my1871colt45

Oklahoma
    Why does rockman7's profile says he's from Cartersville Georgia??

13. Rambo

America
    He claims he’s from Canada.

14. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My how y'all confuse names and home areas!!!!!!!:confused:o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

my1871colt45 likes this.
  15. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    The sad part of this is the anti-gunners will probably get away with this. Earlier this year, the Supreme Court declined to hear cases brought by citizens in New York and Connecticut who wanted to overturn the UnSAFE Act and the Connecticut "assault weapon" laws. Both contain restrictions similar to what the scumbags in Maryland want to foist on the citizens of Maryland.

Did the bill get passed in time for that douchebag of a Democratic Partei governor to sign it? I certainly hope not!

big shrek likes this.
  16. gandog56

It's the fingerprinting thing that gets me the most. Even Kommie Kalifornia hasn't stooped that low yet. Although if this goes through I am sure they will think about doing it.

17. gandog56

More like the barrels's almost empty, let's throw more things IN the barrel!

Big Dog and TACAV like this.
  18. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

gandog...
    So.... back tracking here a bit...but... did you confuse an old article for new news or something?

Because going out and looking at some of our MD gun forums etc .... no one has posted anything about what you posted above and the 78-61 vote with the 18 democrats siding with the republicans is what happened during the gun control law that was passed back in 2013. And Martin O'Malley (D) isn't the governor here anymore. It's Larry Hogan who is a republican.

Actually the exact wording you used about his priorities is from a Baltimore Sun article about the 2013 legislation.

rando likes this.
  19. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I was wondering what the hell this old chit article about Owe Malley was even posted. That a$$hole has been gone from office

20. gandog56

Oops, I didn't notice the date. I was actually looking up the one from Congress on Google and that one showed up. Did Maryland ever pass it?