Mateba 454 Casull Auto Revolver?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by alaskamonte, May 2, 2008.

1. alaskamonte

alaskamonte Suspended

Untitled Document

Anyone have experience with the Matebas?

I've owned my share of odd big bore handguns including the Wildey, LAR, AutoMag etc.

This thing is just odd and fugly enough to rate an automatic :werd:Ten at the range, it's italian so it ought to work ya think?

2. utahvarminter

utahvarminter Guest

I love their strange look, and wish I had one. Haven't heard much from many owners, but what I have read is positive. Very innovative design even if it doesn't serve a great purpose.

3. AKHunter

AKHunter G&G Newbie

Those are some sporty lookin rigs there. Never heard of them though.

4. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Very strange indeed!

5. Coeloptera

Coeloptera G&G Newbie

I wish I could get my hands on one. From what I've read they're very reliable, come in .357 and .44 Magnum, and .454 Casull, and the design reduces muzzle rise because the barrel aligns with the bottom chamber. Of course you have to get used to the fact that the bullets will be coming out a bit lower.

Since I like to cock my wheelguns before firing when I can (lot of practice to learn to do it quickly) the fact that it cycles itself is just awesome. That and I love the crazy, Blade Runner look of the thing.

Pity, I've never been able to find one to fire. It's one of my "dream gun" choices. Although since the company went out of business I hear it's tough to find parts.

Amusingly enough, it was distinct-looking enough to appear in a near-future cartoon, the Ghost in the Shell series.

[​IMG]

- Coeloptera

6. alaskamonte

alaskamonte Suspended

Mateba-$$

7. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Seems like a very bizarre gun, I doubt it would replace my Raging Bull, though