Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one know what length cleaning rod to obtain as there are two different lengths that I can get that I know of, 10 and 12 inch, for their Mauser K98 if it was purchased without a cleaning rod? I know a 12 inch rod will fit no problem, I stuck my 11.5 inch aluminum cleaning rod in the hole so I'll probly just go with the 12.

I thought it looked a little naked without one. I was probly going to buy a couple things from these guys Firearms . They sell Mausers and Mosins. Looks like they have some good rifles. So, since it is my first German Mauser, I thought I might purchase a sling, because it doesn't have one, and prices for an original are quite pricey. As well as the cleaning kit and rod. The prices seem pretty reasonable as they are all found in one location so I don't have to pay shipping on multiple things from other places.

If anyone knows of any other places to find any military accessories, for Mosins, Mausers or M1 Carbines, info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,313 Posts
If you take the barreled action out of the stock, you can see the threaded nut the rod goes into. Knowing how long the barrel extends forward of the stock, you can figure the length you need.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,313 Posts
"WOOF!" Now where's my doggy biscuit? :09:

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts