Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The title says it all, I am planning on purchasing a new gun and like the mosin and mauser but cant decide a little help please!

i would also considder Swiss K-31 but dont know about ammo?

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
It all depends on what you want in it. A Mosin is more lightweight, even the longer barreled M91/30. The action is in my opinion smoother and faster, but that will depend on which one you happen to pick up.

Mausers are probably more inherently accurate but there again it all depends of which one you pick up. They're probably a little bit tougher, but that's subjective to what you put it through.

What you plan to shoot and what kind of ammo you want to use is an important factor. If you plan to shoot noncorrossive only, you can find it much cheaper for the Mosin. If you plan to shoot military surplus, shop around and you'll probably find your best deals in quantities that cost a majority of the price of the rifle.

I have both and of course want more of each!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
the best current surplus guns on the market are the swedish mausers. find one with a good bore (not that hard to find), and the chances are very good that you'll have an excellent shooter.:burnout:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would like to but short on money but which 1 first i would like to spend under $100!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Turk mausers under 100
Mosins 91-30 and 44s under 100
K-31, 130
I report. You decide. :reporter:

Let us know. Always interested in stories of rifle purchases. And of course, how they group.

Good Luck Colt

Or Colt, if you find a neigbor with sporterized British Enfield No4 mrk1 for $75 that does 12" groups at 300 yards with military ammo, go for that one.
My last acquisition was the K-31. Still working on stock.
The Brit just described, I picked up this summer.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i just picked up a 91/30 from aimsurplus for $69.00.shipping was $12.00.it was arsenal refinished.will shoot it this weekend and report how it shoots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts