Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
I have a M43 and also a Spanish Air Force Model 43. If you have one they are not too rare. It all depends on condition and how many parts are matching serial numbers. Also barrel bore and rifling condition

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
Looks pretty fair condition. I would look down the bore with the bolt out and see how the bore and rifling looks. Also look at the serial numbers to see how many match like the receiver, bolt, bolt shroud, barrel, and so forth. They usually bring about $500-$600 now if mostly matching. These large ring Mauser rifles are all fetching about $500 or more at this time. The days of cheap large ring Mauser's are gone.

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
Got it
Thanks Rando !
By the way I also got a bayonet and scabbard and frog with it
Nice. I also collect many bayonets for my Mauser rifles also. I have a few original scabbards and leather frogs. That should add another $150 easily to the value if correct one.

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
Cool 😎
Have you been to the introduction thread on here? I hope you are staying awhile and not just making a short stay to evaluate your rifle. Lots of good people on here and so much darn Knowledge on here

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Does look like a fine example. Like Rando said if it is a mauser they are fetching good bucks these days. Hard to believe what 98k matching bringbacks are going for lately. Thanks for showing yours.

·
Premium Member
9,640 Posts
Anybody out there have any experience with a particular ammo that the M 43 Mauser craves ?
I bought a bunch of Military surplus Yugo ammo years ago. You can still find spam cans of it. I also have shot the Turk ammo which many have their different thoughts. Many say it is hot ammo. Well I look at it this way. If it was made for the Turk Mauser rifle Large ring with small ring threads then it is fine in any other large ring Mauser rifle. I also have shot many others and even Commercial stuff like Hornady and PPU ammo is great

1 - 18 of 18 Posts