Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
For the money the turk is a sweet buy. Even if you get a turd for $50.00 you can afford to do a little work. Since they are not collectors items (yet) replacing the stock with a new one costs about $20.00 (According to last Shotgun News). I lucked out and got an all numbers matching one with a beautiful dark walnut stock and 80% blueing, all for $58.00. The only problem is that the **** thing is so long it barely fits in the back window of the truck. The Turkish ammo is cheap, and seems to have gotten hotter with age. The Turks do seem to have a little more trouble with head spacing (mismatched bolts) then other versions.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I have never heard of a Turk refered to as 88/38. What is the differance between an 88/38 and an M38? I have seen quite a few M38s rebarrelled to other rounds because they are considered to have an extremely strong action (Mauser '98) Are the '88s an older Mauser action updated to the modern 8MM round?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.