Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Southern Ontario and would like to know of anyone in this area that would be able to accurize and tweak my all original 1941 Mauser K98.

I recently found a place in Ontario that accurizes Enfields, but not Mausers.

They can free float the barrel, glassbed the action and replace the original trigger assembly with a target trigger assembly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Timb

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
sorry can't help you but...
Do as you see fit but please don't mod an all original K98 in a way that it can't be returned to original, especially if it's a non-import :( sorry don't want to sound opinionated but I just picked up a nice all matching JP Sauer with no import marks that someone had put a scope on and changed the stock thus destroying it's collectability - I'm going to put it back into an original form (can't do anything about the scope mount though).

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
timb, glass bedding probably won't hurt anything and you can get a custom trigger such as Bold or Timney from Brownells or similar places. Gun parts corporation sells Bold triggers which to me are just as good as Timney but about half the price. (Just save your old trigger.)I use both and they are both excellent triggers but DO NOT free float the barrel or have it drilled for scope mounts. Any gunsmith can do these things. You can do them if you're handy and can follow directions.

gunssb, since the damage is already done the best you can do is have screws put in the scope mount holes and cut off flush. With a lil cold blue they won't be noticable except under close scrutiny. If you're going to have it reblued the polishing wheel will all but obliterate the fact that they're even there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i just got my mauser K98 and there is no way i am gonna Bubba it. NO WAY. i love it the way it is. Heck if you guys are worried about accuracy and scope mounts, just go get a Remington 710 or a Browning A-bolt . Please dont bubba these Mausers. I love my Mauser and i cant wait to get some trigger time.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
In his defense, he probably didn't mean a permanent mod, but I agree - especially when some of us sink money into trying to reverse bubba's actions. A recent K98 that I put in the right stock uncovered 5 or 6 freakin holes in the receiver when I took off the scope mount - apparently bubba's backyard project didn't go so smooth - and this on all matching non import beautiful sauer s/147. Plus the original matching bolt had been mod'ed for his freakin scope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts