Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i was wondering if a maverick 88 pump action 12 gauge shotgun is a good gun for hunting fox and coyote and white tail deer because as these would be my prime targeted animals. And if so do you all think its to big of a gun,what i mean is do you think it has too much recoil,for a 14 year old 125 lbs. boy. thanks for all the help guys.

ps.(not meaning to sound weird by adding in my wieght,thanks for the help.)

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
It should be fine, but FWIW, you can get a "real" Mossberg for just a few $$$ more. The Mavericks are a spin-off of Mossberg and use the same barrels and chokes, but they aren't built to quite the same quality standards. A plus though, is the fact that they are built in the U.S.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Maverick is a good shotgun for the money. I've had one for several years, and I like it every bit as much as any other pump shotgun. In fact, this upcoming weekend I plan on taking it duck hunting.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
the maverick 88 is a fine shotgun for least amount of money, mossberg barrels will interchange, they make good barrels

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Thanks guys for the posts...I am thinking about buying a Maverick pump with 20"
barrel and 8 shot magazine to keep me and my CZ 82 pistol company when I'm out and about...A.H

·
Registered
15 Posts
good gun, same as 500, but trigger mech and safty. start the kid off 1250fps. if he does good with it , then upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts