close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Meet Wilber my new best friend.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Earl Easter, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Wilber is as old as I am, he was born in 1953 but I think he just might be in a little better shape. This was redone frame up 20 years ago and needs very little. The frame was glass bead blasted then opoxyed and yesterday it got a good coat of black rust retardant.
    The horn needs fixed and the license plate light needs fooled around with. A transmission seal
    leaks a little and that gets fixed tomorrow in my garage. I put new plugs in it timing parts
    with a new distributor and wire set. It purrrrrrr's now......

It's a 1953 Willys Wagon Ive been trying to get for a long time I missed three others in the past. I drove to York,PA test drove it and told the fella I'll take it. He flat bedded it down to my house and I have been working on it for a spell. Just got to make sure everything runs right.

Here are a few pictures.

Attached Files:

TACAV, cjleete, MosinRuger and 30 others like this.
  2. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

Man if that doesn't bring back memories. My friend and his father did a frame up restoration on an old Willy's just like that. They painted it Blue though.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    I love those old Wyllis Wagons. I had a '49 many years ago, until St. Helens erupted and basically destroyed it.

It is beautiful.

4. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Very nice Sir,

“J”erry

5. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    Sweet, nice looking too! Good luck with it.

6. DROOL!! I love the old Wyllis Wagons, and a woodie is that much more dear to my heart!

If you ever need a place to park Wilber, please, feel free to park him here. Just don't plan on getting him back ;)

7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Earl Easter: Sir, I can see:) "Mrs.Earl Easter" Fishing rods, boots, smiles a mile
    on your way to the next fishing hole :)
    Thanks for sharing :)

8. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Just having it gives you bragging rights...

Moroco Mole, Jaison, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  9. BudW

BudW G&G Evangelist

10. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

That has the 134 ci engine correct?

11. Gun Junkie

Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

12. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

What a beauty you have! Thumbs Up.png
    Those old T90 transmissions are fun to drive.
    I wish Mr. Wilber was a bit closer, so I could see him first hand.
    He sure puts my old Willies hunting trucks to shame!

13. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Hell yeah, nice score Earl :)

14. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

WOW EARL!!! Wibur sure is fantastic looking, you done did a good job on him!:);):D:usa:

15. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 G&G Evangelist

Do I spy with my little eye a twin stick transfer case???

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

Moroco Mole, PAPA G, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  16. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk G&G Evangelist

That's just downright pretty. Makin me jealous here.

Moroco Mole, PAPA G, neophyte and 3 others like this.
  17. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Wow there Earl that’s mighty sweet and a great looking ride !!!

Glad it worked out well for you all and should be a great project for you and the family. Looking forward to seeing it sometime.

Best of luck getting things just right on it — I’m sure it will turn out great for ya.

Moroco Mole, PAPA G, Jaison and 3 others like this.
  18. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

Wow, that's a nice ride you have there. The shot of under the hood reminds me of when it was fun to work on cars.

19. JUNKER

JUNKER G&G Enthusiast

I love this jeep model... this model were made in Argentina during years... Here, were made by IKA (Industrias Kayser Argentina - kayser Agentine Industries)... were called "Jeep IKA".... And still you can see it working when you go to inside my country

Moroco Mole, PAPA G, Jaison and 4 others like this.
  20. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Thanks all for liking Wilber.

We are all happy he stays close in the garage.
    It has high range low range regular drive and it has the high range low range 4 wheel drive.
    Using the low range 4 wheel drive is slow pulling power and tank sound crazy. I am thinking
    a Warn Overdrive but that will take it out of it's originality. Warn sold the patents to Saturn
    Overdrive and they are not cheap, somewhere about $1,000 or so. But if I get one my new buddy will be able to do 65 + miles per hour on the interstates and not cause angry morons a driving headache nausea.

I am having some trouble fixing the lights in the gauges to work. I have the wires in place with the proper cups and bulbs that work but when I place them in the sockets they still don't work. I bumped one against the frame and that one in my hand lit up and sparked. Also second gear pops out when you slow down, so I just keep my hand on the stick to keep it in. All the other gears stay locked in till you put the clutch in.

I'll keep ya'll updated On "Wilber West" and yes his last name is the same as ArkansasHunter...
    Mike West.....

SUBMOA, Palladin8, JUNKER and 3 others like this.