Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have some spare, for sale No.4 MkII mags, .303 of course. No.4 Mk I's won't fit, tried some from Sarco. I understand Pro-mag or someone makes them. Any of you have any experience with them?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enfield Trader
Thanks for the info, but the ones Sarco sold me, they said are No.4 Mk I and they will not fit my No.4 MkII. My Mark III mag sorta fits but to make it right it appears I would have to grind off the lower raise area on the mag back. Just thought it would be better to just find MkII mags.
Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is no difference in mags between the No4 MKI or No4 MKII, they are the same mag used for both rifles.

How do they not fit? Do you have pics of the mags that don't fit you can post?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ENFIELD TRADER
The Sarco mags have a tab with a rolled edge on them at the right front of the mag. The mag will not fit straight in the well except if you slide the front about midway to the mag well and then slide it forward, but doing so then keep the mag from fitting in the back at the trigger guard. Maybe these are not really No.4 mags??
Thanks for your help anyway.
Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ET
Jim here, The mag had a this rolled tab rivited to the front. What the heck were they? Do you know? Looking to get a few more mags, possibly 4! Any help will be appreciated.
Jim

·
Registered
216 Posts
It was used on the early SMLE's. It looks like this

one on the top left, correct? I need one of those and want to know if you'd like to swap for a No4 mag? Sen me a PM with your email contact.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ET
Jim here, sorry but I don't have them. I had bought them from Sarco in NJ. and sent them back when they did not fit. Their part Number was #LE4054, and were 34.95 each. I had two. The tab up at the front was a little different than you picture but I would guess that is what they were. My e-mail is [email protected]. I would still like to purchase your No. 4 mag(s) if you want to let it go.

Thanks
Jim
P.S. those Sarco mags looked brand new, and full of cosmoline.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
The Sportsmansguide.com is selling some No. I MK III mags and it says its compatible with No. 4 MK I the part number is AX8A-106826 if anyone is interested for $20. Don't know if thats a good deal or what, but just throwing it out there:)

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Newly manufactured 10-rd. Mags for Enfield No. 1 MK III® rifles also work with the No. 4 MK I® .303. (Packaging says it's for the No. 1 MK III, but manufacturer's minor redesign makes it fit the No. 4 as well). Made from blued steel, with removable floorplate for easy cleaning.

Thats the description that is given for what its worth. I guess one would have to go by trial and error for that if its worth the $20 for it. Anyways, just my $00.02 :)

Enfield No. 1 Mk Iii 10 - Rd. Mag, Blued, Magazines & Clips, After-Market Mags at Sportsman's Guide

Thats the link when the number is put in the search box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
enfield mags

IM and ET
Thanks for the info again. I will try one just to see if they work in my No.4 MkII. If they do I will post it in the forum.
ET- any suggestions where to start looking for those target sites like you have? I tried to get a Parker Hale from Sarco but they say they are out of stock. The ones they had were only a modification to the typical No.4 site, Those that you have are way more sophisticated. I also would like to get some type of rear site for my No.1 MkIII as the rear site is up on the upper front of the barrel and my old eyes can't pick it up. Any suggestions??
Thanks for your help!!!
Jim

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
I already posted what I found out about these mags from Sportsmans Guide.
They fit pretty well in a No1. I had to hammer it out of a No4. Tried it in a different No4 same result. If you want them for a No1 go for it. If you want it for a No4 you will have to do work on them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts