close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Member drive

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Aug 11, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    I'm sitting here at 0 dark 30 and had a thought. Why don't we get a G&G membership drive going. Every one gets one person to register. It may take a bit as there are only 50~ 100 active at one time, but over 1100 members. I think we could pull 400~500 in a month.
    Just a thought

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I've told a couple of people that are into guns and hunting,etc. They have told me they'll check it out, but I haven't seen 'em yet.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I think this could be an excellent idea, I will think about it when I am away. Maybe a G&G T-shirt for the highest referrer, or just a T-shirt for another reason...

Anyways great idea.

4. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

What I like about this site is the number of people that I have become close to and that contribute on a regular basis. This has become a club type atmosphere for us all to shoot the breeze so to speak. New members are great, but it would be a shame if they never contribute anything to the site, however all are welcome to come and go as they wish and to review anything on the site. I like the person to person interaction myself.

5. jerry

USA
    Lets look at it from another angle

:cool:
    I understand what your saying Phac. But, we have to have some growth and upward mobility for the health of the site. Remember, this cost us nothing to use. Pretty darn good deal. With each new member comes the possibility of some sponsorship support, be it TAPCO or what have ya.
    Chris rung a bell, Jesse if your looking you may be interested too. Chris mentioned T shirts for top performers on a theoretical member drive. Why not make up G&G T's. Now, I don't think Chris and Jesse want to be T shirt salesman. But, what about running them through a place like TAPCO? Of course Tony would have to be into it. Personally I like TAPCO but haven't found that thing I just gotta have. Lets say they can make 2~3 bucks on a shirt. thats money to take care of some overhead in the least. f your using your PC right now, chances are you can afford a $13.00 T shirt.
    Now all we need are design ideas. think about it.

As far as too many members; I belong to a fishing type sportsmen club. We have 250 members. there is a work party once a month, about 6 people show up. i hardly see anyone else fishing & the monthly meeting are sparse with participation. Ya know what, they take their $75 every year regardless & we have a good time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2002
  6. Some time ago I was thinking of G & G b ball caps too.

Just a thought....I know I'd buy one....well.......if they didn't charge like a street hocker, he he he he.

Seriously.....I think the ideas of Ts and b ball caps would be nice.........great for wearing at the range.....especially Ts with a pocket...fer sure.

Besides......if you wear ANYTHING in public that says gun, shooting, etc. shows your attitude and life is about attitude......yepper.

7. jerry

USA
    HATS! great idea. My wife will castrate me for bringing another in the house. But I'll take my chances;)

8. jerry

USA
    This idea kinda died.

9. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I must have missed this thread over a year ago. Good idea though. I got a few people to join. Only one of them posts regularly though.

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

On the other forums I go to, I put gunandgame on the bottom of my posts as my signature...It HAS helped...I see these people signing in here. On my talks with people on the forums I tell them about homebase also. Don't limit yourself to just one forum, branch out and talk to other people...even though y'all is family, ya gotta get away from family once in awhile! ;)

11. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I've thus far referred three people I know in person, and invited one person over from another forum when they found it inhospiutable.

12. grizzly

grizzly G&G Newbie

I'm still waiting on...

1*'s wifey in the G&G Thong pics...

13. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Hey I want a baseball cap with a gun on it and

Gun & Game.com
    Phacopsrana

I know it wouldn't be cheap but hey IT'S G&G.

Also have Miss S call up each member and personally ask how they like the site. (She's got to do something for the title of G&G Spokeswoman!)