Memorial Day BBQ

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by privateer, May 25, 2008.

1. For the U.S.A. members it's memorial day weekend, and I just gotta guess that a bunch of us are working the BBQ today and tomorrow, so I'm asking what you gonna cook with the coals.. today I'm throwing on a bunch of Beef BRATS and Chicken the wife is gonna smother hers with saurkraut, I dont care for the kraut but gonna love everything else. how about you?

2. Picked up some pork brisket bones; I'm basically going to do the ribs thing with them on the grill. Haven't worked out the details yet, but I need to sit down and make up my mind so I can get a marinade or dry rub on them overnight.

3. My son just arrived and he likes chicken spagetti so were haveing that today and some other crap.
    For a change were cooking steaks Monday on the charcoal grill and we'll have some other crap to go with it.
    I feel like crap !!!!

4. ArkansasHunter, I gotta laugh at all the crap in that post :) but hell sometimes the best meals come from putting all your leftover crap together. hope you get to feeling better bro.

5. lol I am on a diet so I am having 4oz of jennie-o turkey roast and a cup of raw steamed green beans with green tea. I enjoy that meal a lot but im sick of turkey and it doesnt hit the spot like all american BBQ!!!!!

6. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

I put some lamb on the grill yesterday. Put paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano, and a few other things in there. Tasted pretty good. I really like it with tzaziki sauce, home grown tomatoes, and some kind of green leaf. I think I'm going to have to add that to my bbq diet more lol. I'll try out a different round of seasonings the next time. Today I'm gonna throw some beef on there with some hot links and sausage. Grill some corn too.

Thomas, why don't you put some turkey burgers on the grill? And some grilled corn on the cob and baked beans. It's not too bad.

7. Hmmm, beef back ribs (the one that remind you of prime rib), St. Louis pork ribs, potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, corn and biscuits. It's all cooked but the bicuits.

8. Smoked a pig made some homemade collards 12 hrs. in the pot nice and tender. roasted corn and the SIL made german potato salad that was intersting.