Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Rambo, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    Our lawyer managed to get our granddaughter out of foster care and in to our home for the Holidays. We are hoping for full custody and adoption, which will forever change our lives, especially this close to retirement. We are prepared to sacrifice a great deal in order to give Jaidyn a life.
    So, to all my friends on Gun and Game, have a very Merry Christmas. That also goes for those who think I'm full of sh*t, those who know I'm full of sh*t and anyone else I left out. Lol!
    After this gift of Jaidyn, both Deb and I are so filled with joy this Christmas season that nothing can bring us down IMG_1343.JPG . Enjoy yours, my friends and I do love you all.

TACAV, rl69, Erickson and 13 others like this.
  2. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

A noble cause Rambo, a very noble cause. My hat is off to you. I hope all goes smoothly for you and your family and that Jaidyn becomes a permanent part of it.

My late wife and I "adopted" my granddaughter Kayla some 18 years ago, when she was 9 months old. Long story but the father took off and has never been a part of Kayla's life. My daughter could not take care of her so we did.
    Some years later my daughter's situation improved and Kayla and her mom have had a good relationship ever since. We all decided to have Kay remain in my household and continue with her home schooling. This year graduated high school (the honest way - no rubber stamping there), got here driver's license, and now has a decent car to drive.
    We had already raised out kids and were looking forward to enjoying an "empty nest" when all that changed. It put me behind on where I wanted to be - now that I am much closer to retirement. But I don't regret any of it. It was well worth it and I would do it again without hesitation.

neophyte, SUBMOA, Rambo and 3 others like this.

3. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    My hat's off to you sir. A most noble thing to do for a lovely young lady in need. All my best, and may it all be joy and success.

Merry Christmas.

neophyte, Rambo and grizcty like this.
  4. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Good job, Rambo! Just don't teach her political stuff and she'll stand a good chance! Lol!

Merry Christmas, amigo!

Rave, neophyte, Rambo and 2 others like this.
  5. Mr.tbolt

Mr.tbolt G&G Evangelist

Congrats Rambo! Wish you the best of luck, and have yourself a Merry Xmas.

6. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

I will add Jaidyn adoption to your name, during my morning prayers.
    As a adopted child myself, I would like to also say "Thank you".
    And Merry Christmas.

neophyte, SUBMOA and Rambo like this.
  7. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Sorry Buddy,
    I tried to double "Like" this, but it didn't work! ;)

Rambo likes this.
  8. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    Merry Christmas Rambo to you and yours. I sure hope you can pull off the adoption and get that girl out of the foster care system. Every child deserves the love and care of family. We raised our G-son for several yrs while our daughter got her life together. And though our lives at the time werent the way we planned for things to be. We don't regret a second.

9. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

A VERY Merry Christmas!

Rambo likes this.
  10. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

I have a friend that acquired a new born baby that way. His daughter was in and out of heroine houses. Gave birth to an addicted baby, but the youngster pulled through. That's the skinny of it, anyway. Rambo, yer family ain't alone in this kind of thing. Be blessed with the chance to send the child on a proper path.

neophyte and Rambo like this.
  11. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

She's the most treasured "gift" under that tree... Merry Christmas to all......

12. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist

May all your hopes and dreams be fulfilled this Christmas. God bless you.

neophyte likes this.
  13. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Rambo: Sir, with great joy; Merry Christmas to "Jaiden'Rambo" Deb, family and friends

I see You and Deb's new life through this poem. I'll need to find the author, :)

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.”
    ~~ Agnes M. Pharo~~

Rambo likes this.
  14. winston64

winston64 G&G Evangelist

Merry Christmas Mr and Mrs Rambo, and a Very Merry Christmas to Rambinita, and may God bless your quest to add her to your household.

Rambo likes this.
  15. Rambo

America
    The court order arrived today, dated the 19th giving us temporary custody. Next hearing in January. One down..........

SKS NOOB, GSFixit and 870shooter1 like this.
  16. Glad to hear. Hope the court goes in your favor.

Rambo likes this.
  17. Rambo

America
    Very nice. Thank you for that.

18. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    Keep us posted!

We'll keep praying that the court will rule favorably!

TACAV and Rambo like this.