Metro arms (American Classic II)

Discussion in 'Manufacturers' started by Jacket44, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    42D7E25A-7E41-4B5F-A984-42BF97B2F927.jpeg 213CEFEA-E6E2-481D-8EFE-EF9EF13B4E54.jpeg I gotta say this thing is looking to be like an awesome gun!
    Report tomorrow on it if anyone is interested.

Jaison, jwrauch, big shrek and 4 others like this.
  2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

First I have seen of this one. Eagerly awaiting the range report! :cool:

jwrauch and Jacket44 like this.

3. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Everything I have seen on this one and the Grand Power pistol has been excellent reviews. As far as I can see on this one everything has been polished that just about could be and it’s all a nicely done and great fit! No slop in any of the action. The trigger on it on dry test feels like it’s going to be sweet on pull and reset. Am really looking forward to shooting it!

Jaison and big shrek like this.
  4. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    Wow! The price for a blued one at Bud's Gun Shop is $483.00. If it shoots as good as it looks it is the bargain of the century. I have been kicking around the idea of acquiring a nice new 1911.

Jaison, jwrauch and Jacket44 like this.
  5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I don't need another 1911 but for around $500 if that's the sort of finish they have i'll be all over one.
    it looks like someone put some thought into the design and execution of that one.

the worst that could happen is I'd have to fit a new bushing to the barrel to tighten up the groups some.

6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Those Metros are by far the best fit and finished guns we have had come through here. The workmanship exceeds any Kimber, Springfield, Sig or Colt I've seen.

The downside is that we used to be able to get them here in the shop for under $400. At the rate they have been climbing in price they're pretty close to $500.

7. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    329BC6B5-FA10-42C3-9EF2-4DAF4DA93FED.jpeg I have the range report for the 1911.
    50 rounds Blazer Black 230grn, 12 yards.
    First off this gun is awesome! Smooth tight trigger, and very smooth shooting! The fit is awesome! No slide slop, nice and tight!
    The top and bottom middle are the 1911. The fact that I started out pushing the dang gun down first off don’t count lol The Grand Power K100 is quite the shooter also!

Jaison, big shrek and cjleete like this.
  8. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Both the Grand Power and those Metro arms pistols are climbing in price! They are both awesome guns!

9. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The Metro Arms 1911 has been made at Manilla The Philippians since it's intro in 2008. It like the Armscorp 1911 circa 1943, makes pistols under various names and prices. Metro Arms was the producer of Charles Daley 1911s.

big shrek and Jacket44 like this.
  10. PaleHawkDown

There was a cool mini documentary about Metro Arms on YouTube for a while. According to the documentary most of the employees are former black market smiths.

The story goes (and this same claim was made in the documentary series "Black Market" which was available on Amazon for a while), that the bootleg gunmakers in the Philippines are so paranoid about getting caught that they strive for perfection in what they make.

Their thought is that if the gun is really, really, good no one will ever track a problem down to them and come looking. They put a massive amount of time into fit and finish. They pretty much all specialize in 1911s, and many families have been in that business for generations.

The investors at Metro Arms learned of this, and also learned of a government work program for prisoners, and decided to kill two birds with one stone - get people who were masters of their craft for pennies on the dollar and have them make incredible 1911 firearms. On top of that, though the prisoners and parolees were being paid pennies on the dollar, it was still substantially more than they had made handcrafting guns one at a time.

As the company has grown they have begun hiring the best of the best at the wages they are worth at the end of their sentences.

The result is that people with a lot of pride, motivation, and generally benefiting from generations of experience, are building the Metro Arms.

big shrek, Jacket44 and The_Wardog like this.
  11. The_Wardog

The_Wardog G&G Evangelist

I'll have to look into this in the future. I've wanted a 1911 for some time. But currently available ones I'm familiar with are prohibitively expensive.

Jacket44 likes this.
  12. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Well I can attest that this gun I got shoots great and the fit and finish is awesome!

Big Dog and PaleHawkDown like this.
  13. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    The ones I have seen so far hang around the $450.00 $500.00 range....if you can get ahold of one.
    Mine was in my hands $540.00 and change. Depending on taxes FFL costs shipping. Got mine at Tombstone.

14. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Sounds like a great deal! I paid about $500 for my basic econo-level Colt M1991A1 in 1995 or so. Nowhere near the fit&finsh and good looks of your pistol!

Jacket44 likes this.
  15. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    One day I would love to own a Colt, just to own it, but I want to afford a couple of others first! Lol I have my eye on either a Grand Power X-Caliber or a P40 10mm next. Just don’t know which one I want.

16. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

When I looked at the first post I thought : Oh great, another $1000+ 1911 clone. Then I saw the price. Looks like I just found a reason to get one !! I miss the Taurus PT1911 I had to sell !!

Jaison and Jacket44 like this.
  17. PaleHawkDown

It really is ludicrous how good these are for the money. The snake skin patterned grips are brilliant as well.

18. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Grand Power. I think I may have heard of a 10 mm pistol with that name. But the manufacturer of it was based in Turkey. And it was a doublestack 10.

Jacket44 likes this.
  19. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    When I first laid eyes on the gun in real time when I picked it up, at first I though, “oh those grips gotta go!” But within a couple minutes looking at it, I began to think, there not so bad, and have continued to grow on me.
    Now I like them.

jwrauch and Jaison like this.
  20. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Slovokia I think is where they are made, you might be thinking of the Tisis I think I believe they make a 10mm. Their Regent model is supposed to be an exact copy and very well made of a Browning Hi Power.