Metro arms (American Classic II)

Discussion in 'Manufacturers' started by Jacket44, Apr 4, 2019.

1. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Customers have had that exact conversation with me in the store. Most end up keeping them.

jwrauch and Jacket44 like this.
  2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Well that would be interesting. A 10mm High Power, only a doublestack? And yes, they are made in Slovakia. And they are available.

oh great.....Another 10mm I am going to want!

Jacket44 and Big Dog like this.

3. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    It’s the color in constrast to the stainless steel I think. Darker grips I don’t believe would make it pop so nice.

4. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Oh no my mistake the Tisas brand only makes up to a .45. They are Turkish made. Their Regent is the Hi Power clone and it’s a 9mm.

The Grand Power made line of guns are the ones made in Slavokia. They also make a 10mm it’s called a P40 10mm if I’m not mistaken. Not sure which of those makers make a double stack though.

5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

The Slovakian one has a 14+1 capacity. That has to be a doublestack or the magazine would extend way past the grips. It uses a rotating barrel to lock up, and also reduces felt recoil for you wimps out there. Supposedly it knocks felt recoil to 9 mil levels . Sounds very very interesting. And He's Guns have them at about $660.

A real deal for people like me that hate the way a Glock feels in my hand but want a doublestack. Which is why I bought a Tanfaglio full steel Witness not too long ago with its doublestack magazines.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Jacket44 likes this.
  6. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Ok that’s the Grand Power then, the P40 10mm. It’s one of the ones I was considering. And if it is anything like this K100 I am sold! This K100 has the rotating barrel also, although it’s a 9mm. I just got it this week and am already making it one of my regular range guns! It’s very nice to shoot.

Jaison likes this.
  7. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Meh, I've had a few 9mm pistols. (And still have two) While they include an FN Hi Power, I am still in love with my 10's. I have six 10mm pistols. A Mechtech that uses my
    Dan Wesson Razorback as a lower to make a neat carbine. And a TNW Zero dedicated 10know carbine. (I don't have to disassemble one of my pistols to make it work) My latest 10mm buy was a Ruger Super Redhawk 10mm revolver that I am currently in love with. Now somebody has to remind me there's another 10mm I want. Oh wow is me!

Jacket44 likes this.
  8. Jacket44

Jacket44 G&G Evangelist

Tx
    Well if the Grand Power P40 is as nice as the K100 9mm I got, it’ll be a nice one for someone to add to the stack!

Jaison likes this.
  9. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

IMO, the Metro Arms 1911s are the best buy on the market. Priced competitive with other Phillipine made pistols, but with a much better finish. I have a full size & a commander. I will say, the full size had some feeding issues which I had to work through, but it shoots smooth as silk & I'll put it up against my $1000 Colt. I'm no marksman, but a range officer made a 3 leaf clover that could be covered with a quarter, at 21 ft. It was at about 7 o'clock in a 2" bulls eye & he said, it shoots a mite low for me".

If you do have any issues, Eagle Imports, who brings them state side, is a great company to do business with & believes in service after the sale.