close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mexicans Think U.S. Belongs to Them

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by colt45, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Mexicans Think U.S. Belongs to Them
    NewsMax.com Wires
    Thursday, June 13, 2002
    WASHINGTON – Two-thirds of U.S. citizens do not believe illegal aliens should be granted amnesty, a poll released Tuesday stated. But nearly three out of five Mexicans think there should be no border control.
    The poll was commissioned by Americans for Immigration Control Inc. It issued a statement saying the poll results show there is little support among Americans for a relaxation of border crossing policies between the United States and Mexico.

The poll was conducted by Zogby International. The group polled 801 Mexicans on May 25 and 26 and polled 1,015 Americans between May 28-30. The data have a margin of error of 3.5 percent.

Theirs for the Taking

Asked if they believed the U.S. Southwest belonged to Mexico, 58 percent of respondents in Mexico said it did, and 28 percent disagreed. A similar number, 57 percent, said Mexicans had the right to enter the United States without U.S. permission. Thirty-five percent disagreed.

A different set of questions was asked of the U.S. respondents. Fifty-eight percent of those questioned said the United States should admit fewer immigrants each year. Thirty percent said the U.S. immigration levels should be kept the same.

Sixty-five percent of those asked disagreed that illegal aliens should be given amnesty and allowed to legally stay in the country, and 26 percent agreed.

Sixty-eight percent of Americans questioned believed that the U.S. military should be used as a temporary measure to help the U.S. Border Patrol control illegal aliens. Twenty-eight percent disagreed. Copyright 2002 by United Press International.

All rights reserved.

2. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    well i think its time to lock down the borders. send back the ones that are already here illegally-with a big tatoo on their foreheads that says "illegal" so they'll be easier to spot next time they come back.

3. Well I don't guess the mexicans are familiar with the history of Texas. So let me remind them that we kicked Santa Anna's rear at the Battle of San Jacinto.

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

why not return Kali to them??? since that is the main target for illegals, and with all the liberal B.S. than we will be rid of Kali politics!!!!:rolleyes: :nod:

5. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

I have to agree with PAPA G PRK doesn't want to be part of the USA anyway. We can all see the simple example they don't recognize the 2nd Amendment and the rest of the Constitution. Plus it would not be a great loos to the US Economy either

6. Make this simple....Mexico CAN have the sourthern edge of the border line...we keep the northern edge....cross....and.....BAM!

I get so sick and tired to think that anyone.....anyone can just ignore that coming across is not only a violation of law but a violation of MY rights.

Many moons ago the ranch owners along the Arizona border were firing first...not asking any questions later. The authorities began prosecuting saying they can't protect their property or person and that their land was an avenue of regress that anyone can use for escape. Give me a friggin' break!

C'mon on my land and let me perceive a threat and see if they escape!

Gawd, I'm beginning to think I'm a true conservative. How I wish I had been a lawman back in the 1880s.

7. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Kali is the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world, but I agree Shaun - I wouldn't miss them for a second!

8. I'm not done yet!

OK, got me started!

I hate the idea that Arizona, at least, is under pressure to foster 'good' US-Mexican relationships at the expense of US citizens.

Go to a hospital emergency room in Arizona. If there are twenty people, mixed with Indians, Whites, Blacks, Oriental, Jews, middle easterners, etc. and let one hispanic walk in and they get to go first regardless of the reason. The staff simply hands them a form saying they are indigent and without health insurance and the hospital knows they will be reimbursed by the state and federal governments. NO OTHER race or ethnic group gets the same treatment. If anyone other than a (what the hospital staff might believe to be an illegal) hispanic claims they don't speak or understand English they will sit there until their bones bleach white. I have seen it all too many times.

Why the difference? Because if you're white, black, Indian, Oriental, etc . and claim prejudice or discrimination no one cares or listens. But, if the so-called non-English speaking illegals claim it EVERYONE listens.

I am still irked by the thought that Arizona has watering stations along the sourthern borders. Are there any along the east and west coasts or on the Canadian border? NO.

Before repeal, Arizona had a law that ENGLISH was the SECOND language in schools. Spanish was the primary and all students had to pass proficiency tests. All in the name of tolerance. Hog wash! At least the legislature had enough sense to repeal after the screams of the Arizona citizens.

You go to any port and lo-and-behold the US Coast Guard is enforcing illegal entry...back they go after detention (again, at the expense of US tax payers). Does the US pay that kind of attention along the southern boarders. NO.

I could go on and on but I feel my blood pressure rising...time to quit and regroup here.

Sorry for ranting.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2002
  9. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

We all know what you are saying Dale and I think this really needs to be addressed - but we first have to get a government that actually listens to its people first and disregards what the other countries think when its our own country thats being threatened by these very criminals.

10. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

You act surprised

This is the same state that elected John McCain to the senate. Enough said.

Rant on Dale!

11. and with it's close proximity to Kalifornia all the libs and commie leftists are coming here because they wrecked their old state!
    I say we ought to put troops on the Kalifornia/Arizona border to stop all the leftists from comin' in!
    -Jesse

12. BTW if anyone has driven the I-10 going into or out of Kaliforinia, you might have noticed a large billboard that reads ........

"Welcome to California, the illegal imagration state, don't let this happen to your state."
    i have a couple pictures of it, i'll dig them out and post 'em.
    -Jesse

13. Phacopsarana,

I must admit, and shamed to say, that I did vote for McCain. But, that was before I realized he was a fence jumper.

Now that I know that mistake will not be repeated.

In Arizona we also saw a different (negative) side of him during the big push for a stadium for the Cardinals this spring. And all he was doing was protecting his wallet and not his constituents.

I will accept 50 lashes with the cane for voting McCain. I have to take my punishment when I'm wrong.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2002
  14. SPOCAHP ANAR

ok tough ? Dale

Would you vote for Mccain or his democrat opponent? Especially if it meant that Daschle would get control of the senate.

15. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I did not realize Mexicans were so poorly educated. Texas rebeled because Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna overthrew the legal Mexican government and formed a dictatorship, much like Hitler did. He lost the war with Sam Houston to to incredible incompetence. Then after Texas became a state, the Mexicans stupidly crossed the border and attacked the US Army, starting the US-Mexico war. In another incredibly stupid move, the Mexican government brought Santa Anna out of exile to lead the Mexican Army. President Polk kicked his buttocks, including sending the Marines to Mexico City. As part of the peace treaty, Mexico SOLD the southern states to the us, since they actually had not settled or even mapped the area; it was land they "inherited" from Spain.

16. Klaus budy you are thinking that mexicans are educated?
    How many educated folkes do you know that would wonder around in 100 plus degree desert and think they are not going to have trouble?
    I agree with you man but lets not try and give them more credit than they are due.

NOTE:
    the coments made above do not pertain to the honest and lawabiding mexican American population here in the US or in mexico. and in no way shape or form are intended to promote hatred tword the hispanic comunity.

Phacopsrana,
    Does this disclaimer help with you feeling tword "the people are coming here for a better life."
    Just being a smart A** man, Not trying to start another too-do over the border jumpers again.

17. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Okay Klaus and where was Santa Anna Living while in Exile? How about New York - I heard it on Paul Harvey tonight

18. SPOCAHP ANAR

Hey colt 45 no harm no foul

will this topic ever rest! AAARRRGGGHHH

I am closer to you guy's thoughts on this than you think. Yes the disclaimer does help but is not fair to all the criminally good hearted illegals that come here to deplete our welfare/ss system.

can we edit it please? LOL

Last edited: Jun 15, 2002
  19. Phacopsrana

I see where your comeing from man and some what agree but I lived with these folkes stealing robbing and in some cases rapeing good honest Americans.
    They are not at all what everyone thinks of "just out for a better life" they are preditors preying on the American population through welfare, medicare, and by use of violence and drugs.
    I have no problem with the leagle imigration to the US and I would venture to say that most if not all leagle imagrants to the US from mexico are good and productive members of society.
    I'm not talking about them. The rest I hold a hatered for they just hapen to be mexicans I harbore no more ill will tword them than I do a child molester, rapest, or drug dealer.
    I have lived within areas that have brought me in close contact with these preditores and have seen it first hand.
    we are not talking about honest and resectable imigrants caught up in a seemingly imposible red tape blockade to the US here. we are talking about deseptive coniving and routhless indiviguals who aren't interested in comeing here leagley to earn a living they are coming here what ever way they can to prey on the riches of the US.
    No diferent than a street punk mentality of they have it I want it so lets go take it instead of earning it.
    If someone has a problem with my hatred tword preditory criminal behavore and those who comit it Than I say though sh**.
    Anyone with a liberal enough state of mind to stick up for this type of criminal element is not someone I would value thier opinon of me anyway.
    I'm not saying this to mean you I'm saying this to cover the readers you where refering to checking out this site.

20. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

My last post clearly was referring to Mexicans, and to some Mexican-Americans, since their opinions of the border and rights to the southern states were the topic of this thread. However, I would like to make it clear that in my previous posts concerning illegal aliens, I was talking about all of them, not just Mexicans.