Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I HAVE A M1 CARBINE THAT SAYS NATIONAL ORD BEHIND THE SIGHT? IS THIS A NATIONAL POSTAL METER OR DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CLUES THE PERSON I RECEIVED FROM SAID HES OWNED IT FOR ABOUT 30 TO 40 YEARS IT HAS A CLIP BAG WITH 2 20 ROUND CLIPS STILL IN COSMALENE ON THE STOCK THAT IS DATED 1943 IM GOING TO PUT IT ON GUNBROKER.COM BUT IM NOT SURE IF ITS A TRUE M1 THERE SEEM TO BE ALOT OF COPIES. ANY HELP APRECIATED YOU CAN LEAVE WORD HERE OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected] thanks guys

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Nat. Ord. is a commercial receiver,not GI. Maybe at most, 30 years. The stock pouch probably is original,I believe the the magizines are 15 rd. Nat. Ord. are not highly regarded,they are a cast receiver,I don't know much about them. You may want to take the gun apart and see what parts are inside it,some of them could be rare,and worth more,if you part the rifle out. Just my .02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you that helps alot . im glad i found this sight. i love t oshare knoledge about the guns i know and apreciatte remarks about what i am ignorant abouut. mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts