close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Micheal A. Newdow...................

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PAPA G, Aug 30, 2002.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

remember him??? started the furor over God in the Pledge of Alegience. he's back, seems he's filed suit to get rid of the Congressional chaplans now!!! i read this at MSN.com. he plans to also have "InGod We Trust" removed from money, and politicians forbidden to mention God in their official capacitys. any one with the expertise, it needs to be posted here!!! thanks:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Why did I just know that "In God We Trust" would be next. Why doesn't Mr. Newdow get on a plane and take himself and his family to some other country if he is so bothered.

3. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Where's Alan C. when we need him?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2002
  4. If this idiot keeps this up the next logical step would have to be putting armed government guards on him to protect his 'legal right' because someone might try and take him off the count.

I see him an insecure individual doing this to get press time and exposure.

I listened to an interview held by his ex-wife right after the pledge issue....she pretty much confirmed that and suggested he needed some serious mental counseling.

Interesting the state of California has temporarily awarded custody back to the mother based on his, as the court put it, inability to harbor and realize sensible thinking.

Strange, since the original court of jurisdiction involving the pledge was California...but, then again, the latest ruling over the daughter was in the wake of a lot of public fervor.

Someone will hush him up. I wouldn't be surprised to find him in prison in the not too distant future, at least.

5. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

He's one of these jacka**es that thinks the Constitution is still being adhered to - But if we were still using it - it reads freedom of religion - and not beleiving in God is not a religion. I think religion is believing and worshipping your higher being, and nature is not a higher being, and he sure ain't no higher being (depends on what he's smoking).

If you don't beleive in God, you don't believe in the US 0f A. God is one of the great reasons this country was founded. The founders used his name on almost everything - so there ya go you atheist punk - you probably don't eat pig either, uh?

Beat his a** hard enough to have a "near death" experiance and see if he comes back a changed man.

6. PAPA G

Dale, he's scum, he just used his daughter as she is supposed to be a church going christian. at least thats what i remember. from the Pledge fiasco

7. Get used to it gentlemen. It's going downhill from here.

8. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i think it is time for the cia to do some of those covert ops. you know the kind where people just vanish.

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

His soul has already vanished. I'd hate to be him on judgement day!

10. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

yea but i bet when that day comes he is goin to be a believer they all find god when that happens.

11. PAPA G

i wonder, what does he do when asked to swear on the Bible, and say"so help you God".

12. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i bet he doesn't hesitate to spend that money with (in god we trust )on it.

13. He should be saying "so help me God".

14. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well I think that every country has some type of religious foundation and that he needs to get a life, and go shut up with his hipocritical views.

15. johno

johno G&G Newbie

people seem to forget that the first amendment means freedom of religon, not freedom from religon. the original intent was to ensure that the government did not set up an official state religon and penalize people if they did not practice it. when have people been punished because of thier religon, when it did not not infringe on the rights of others? and what is so bothersome about religon, especially christianity that people want to wipe out all traces of it in their daily lives?

16. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I guess he'd also have us do away with the entire declaration of independence, which contains numerous references to divinity, in which case we'd revert to british commonwealth rule. What a barrister!

17. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Johno
    I think you are all wrong. Freedom of religion was designed so that citizens can practice any religion they want and not be persecuted or have any other religion forced onto them.

18. Ok lenny you opened the door so here goes, If freedom of religion was as you say intended to protect us from haveing any one religion forced on us. isn't this jerk trying to stop the religious based government from infriging on his lack of beliefe?

I'M NOT SUPORTING THIS SCUM BAG JUST PLAY DEVILS ADVICATE HERE.

19. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

It is widely accepted that Atheism is a religion. If the word God is present in governmental paperwork (especially laws, constitution, etc), athiests are having a religion forced upon them. i.e. their rights are being infringed.
    If the word God is removed from governmental paperwork, it would seem that people who believe in god are being infringed upon by having Athiesm present. But logically that is not true. Just because God is not mentioned does not mean that it is believed that he is present. It just means that God is not mentioned. Mentioning God is biased against athiests. Mentioning that there is no God is biased against religions that believe in God. Not mentioning God is neutral. That is fair to all religions.

20. Good point.
    I'll vote for leaving it the way it is though.