close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mighty Mouse Gun

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Hehe. Just picked up a new CCW pistol; a NAA Black Widow in .22WMR. According to the specs, it puts a 40 gr slug out at 1100 FPS. It is super lightweight, with good grips and trigger. I will post a photo shortly. North American Arms' website is www.naaminis.com.

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Great little hide-out gun. A friend has the standard model with the small grips. He carries it in his shirt pocket, and nobody knows he's packing. I can't shoot it, the grip is just too small for my big hands. The Black Widow I could probably manage. Use the CCI load with the Speer TNT bullet, and it would really pack a punch!

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Cool, I think those guns are awesome and want to get one myself one of these days. .22WMR was a good choice Klaus.

4. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I have one of the 22 magnum stubbies. If you didn't see someone shooting it, but you heard it, you'd think they were shooting a 357 mag. Too bad it's SA. The powder charge in these rounds wasn't designed for the 1 5/8" barrel, so the resulting fireball out the muzzle is rather impressive, but not terribly effective for bullet performance. About half of what I can get from the same load with a rifle.

I do like the idea of being armed while wearing nothing but a pair of khaki shorts and a pair of sandals. I even forgot I had it on me and jumped in the pool with it once. Thank goodness it's stainless.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2002
  5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

The Black Widow has a 2" barrel, that is why the velocity is much higher than the 1 5/8" mini revolvers. It is SA, but very easy and fast to cock. The best velocities that NAA posted for this barrel length was with Winchester Super X ammo.

Attached Files:

• bw.jpg
      bw.jpg
      File size:
      58.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I have one of the 1 5/8" .22s. I think it's awesome, you can tote it anywhere, wearing anything. I do like the idea of the .22 Magnum with a 2" barrel. Does that handle close over the trigger? I think I'm going to have to get one of those. If ya don't mind...how much did that set you back?

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

It was $209. Pricey, but a nice gun.

8. Nice carry dude. I see you got it cheaper than web site price.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2002
  9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I want a 1 5/8" barreled .22 switch cylinder with the belt buckle holster....

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Jim Pruett has all his guns discounted.

11. Artillius6918

Artillius6918 G&G Newbie

Fla.
    Greetings Gentlemen, just wanted to put my two cents worth in. While the NAA .22 is cute, small, lightweight and handy....has any of you played with Berreta's Jetfire (.22) or, the 950 BS (.25ACP), or, for my tastes, the 3032 Tom cat? Most accuate with a 2" bbl. and muzzle velocity (with Fiooacci {sp.?} 60 grn sjhp) is 1008fps from the two inch bbl.! Add the fact that you have 8 shots in .32 plus the reliability of a center fire, all in a package as small as a pack of cigs! Really!!! I would think, unless you guys are married to the .22, you will agree, at $35.00 more than theNAA, it is much more gun and much more defense! What do you guys think about it? Have you any experiance with this toy? I really like it. But, to be honest, I also like the NAA. But, being only a five shot as well as, a pain to reload, I chose the Berreta.

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Never seen a Tomcat, and if I wanted a .32 semiautomatic, I would go with the Kel-Tec, which I bet is much slimmer and lighter than the Berreta.

13. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I have shot the Berreta .32, and didn't like it. It had the worst (heaviest & grittiest) trigger I've ever encountered, and accuracy was lousy. Two people I know have had serious mechanical failures with their Tomcats. One resulted in the gun being rendered permanently useless.
    My buddy has the CZ50 and CZ70 .32 pistols. These are much better quality, very accurate for a .32 bellygun, and much less expensive.
    Another friend has the Kel-tec .32. It's too small for my big hands, but he likes it. It's a real stealth gun, you can't tell he's packing it.

14. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I have the Beretta 950 in .25 acp also. Haven't picked that gun up in over 2 yrs. Gonna have to dust it off and shoot a couple of mouse turds out the barrel. p.s...Artillius I dig your Zappa/Capt. Beefheart avatar. Used to have that album myself.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2002