close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Military Arms/Bulk Ammo Banned At Pensylvania Gun Collectors Assn. Show?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by NHM90, Mar 18, 2002.

1. NHM90

NHM90 G&G Newbie

I've noticed a few of you attend this show, which was formerally held at Greengate Mall. I heard a RUMOR that the show, which will now be held at the Monroeville Expo Mart, will not be allowed to have military arms or bulk ammunition by order of the Expo Mart. Is there any truth to this?
    Thanks.

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

I was there at Greengate, I heard it all too. Just curious, who else frequents that show?

I wouldn't put it past the Expo Mart. I think they'd better find a better location if the show is going to last.

In the meantime, Washington is a bit of a drive, but may be the next step for me.

3. mjm90675

mjm90675 G&G Newbie

PA
    I to attend that show, but it the rumors are true then the one in april will be my last.

4. NHM90

NHM90 G&G Newbie

THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME TRUTH TO THIS AFTERALL.....

I posted the original question on a number of forums. A reply by Kevinch on the Makarov.com forum has shed some light on this. The following is a copy of his post, as well as the .pdf of the BANNED ITEMS list.

Others have mentioned that some of these rules may be changed prior to the show...I hope they are correct.

Gunshow.pdf

5. mjm90675

mjm90675 G&G Newbie

PA
    I believe they are tearing down the Greengate Mall so they decided to go to the Expo Mart. I hope they don't ruin the show but out of the five dealers I talked to at least three will no be attending the new ones.

6. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Another piece of America Gone

7. BattleRifleG3

Anyone have a really big circus tent?

8. BattleRifleG3

I just read the form saying what's not allowed. The list includes camo clothing, flashlights, political bumper stickers (except non-partisan NRA and 2nd amendment), fishing equipment, food, games, jewelry, mugs, primers, signs above tabletop, sun glasses, stamps, walking canes, and t-shirts.

This is the most @#$%ed up thing I've read in a long time. They're just going to have to find another location, or the show will die.

9. Uncle Red

Uncle Red G&G Newbie

Why in the world would someone not be allowed to have a flashlight or a radio at a gun show?? Maybe I'm being dense, I just don't get it. Someone please 'splain this to me. -UR.

10. mjm90675

mjm90675 G&G Newbie

PA
    I was hoping someone would explain this to me also. I think this just might do this show in.

11. BattleRifleG3

In the words of my generation, of which I'm generally ashamed... "Duh."

12. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Can you put your hands in your pockets,or do do you have to keep them in plain sight?

13. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hey,don't feel too bad,here in Tampa our former PC mayor banned gun shows in the city limits,she had a big time offer from Klinton to be a wheel in the urban housing division until her hubby was caught up in a local scandal uf banking corruptoin,too bad,so sad.
    To this day we have no gun shows in Tampa,so it can and probably will get worse,especially if McCain gets his way!