close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Militia units seem like a bad joke

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, May 4, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ok Ill try to keep the lead in short...but you know me.
    I spend friday night in a cheep hotel in Tampa..going to see the vA hospital sat morning...nothing to do so fliped chanles and came accross a History Channel..or A&E on the Militia...Now I dont know anyone in the Militia nor ever had so much as a conversation with anyone I would call a credible source. So MY impresion of the Militia and members is based purely on the indepth research and unbias reporting of what I seen on TV.
    Based on this I had the following observations:

1. Asside from the Mossouri 51st (They must have a good PR person) all the people the TV showed were either fat old white guys dressed in BDUS, web gear and carring AR-15 showeing how they practice patrols ect.. and not doing a vary good job of it. Or Neo Nazie skin heads talking about white (black) what ever power and their plans to over throw the goverment and create a perfect system.
    2. The groups all seemed to be only 10 to 20 members..seemed to always meet in some guys tool shed like school boys with a No Goverment agenst allowed sign hangin on the door.
    3. They talked about how the groups/members were paranoid of being spyed on by the goverment (then played govemnet tapes taken from telephone taps).
    4. The group members kept talking about how their group would save, over through, defend what ever America in case of invasion ect.. Now that seemed silly for 20 people to think they could stop a goverment agency (ours or someone elses).
    5. Finaly if you are..want to be.. what ever part of a group that is afraid the goverment is watching you...then why go on national TV running your mouth.... Also why would someone want to join a group that is gaurenteed to get thir name placed on a whole lot of list with a lot of goverment agencies..and none of them good.

So based on this My impression is that Militia..joining..belonging..and the members.. seem like some silly school boy game of lets dress up in BDUs and play army....
    Now I know no one with any sense would admit to being a member on a web site....or post like this... but does anyone have an opion on the Militia????

2. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

I wonder how much of it is show for our sakes perpetuated by the government.

The part of there being nothing but fat white guys or skinhead racists displayed on tv is obvious.

These stereotypes only serve to to paint us pro gunners as a bunch of racist good ol' boys. A comical joke as far as our effectiveness would be but yet a reminder of how dangerous we could be to peace and security that we need to be disarmed.

The truth is any well trained unit would not go around flaunting their abilities. It just doesn't make sense to allow your enemy access via the liberal press to interview your command structure and watch your training drills.

The fact that although these people share some of the same views as you and I, they have some need to feel important and thus seek out the liberal media to get their face on TV. Damaging their cause and ours, they play themselves into the hands of the same people they call BIASED and CLINTON lovers to be displayed and manipulated for liberal agenda of disarming us.

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

saw a tv news story about a WVA militia leader who had plans to blow up the IRS supercomputer somewhere in the hills of WVA. with a short clip of his chairborne commandos in action. this hope for america trooper dressed in BDU's and ar15 slung diagonally across the back having a hell of a time trying to get over your average wire garden fence if the SHTF ever happened, these guys would be the first to die or run for home.:rolleyes:

4. wes

wes G&G Newbie

"Reporter's are Pilotfish for disaster." Sonny Barger-Ex-President,Hell's Angels MC>

5. I almost joined the militia here about 8 years ago when the movement seemed to be in full swing. The problem I had with it was that they seemed to be too paranoid for their own good and a lot of them didn't look like they packed the gear upstairs to do what needed to be done if and when it came time.
    They even went as far as to recruit at guns shows before their demise.
    I believe what it takes are people that are settled in with themselves and have a sense of direction and commitment.
    Keeping a low profile is a must and too many of them are the kind that can't. They have to let everyone know what's on their minds all the time.
    I wonder if there's any REAL militia out there that could be considered to be actually EFFECTIVE.

6. I'm not sure they are such a bad idea, I mean the government may not take them seriously but they defenatly know they are out there and are not happy campers with what is going on.
    when it does actually hit the fan I dought that the Militias formed at this time will really be much of threat but they do lay the foundation for a grass roots network of vets and the like to orginize when needed I call it the umbrella theroy when you have one in your car you don't need when you don't it rains democrats and liberals all over the place. These guys are setting some kind of ground work good or bad if we needed them to start the ball rolling they would be there even if some or most are a few bricks short of a full load and just want to play war on the week ends.
    You have to al least give them the credit of standing up in the eye of the nation and say yes I'm in a militia and will defend what I beilive in against our government (knowing they don't stand a snowballs chance in ####) takes gut or no brains your choice.
    Ok' I kicked in my two cents, take or leave it.

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

If things really hit the fan, invasion or whatever, I think it would be local partisan groups, along the lines of Red Dawn, that will be most effective.

8. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Well I spect it is a good thing that we had a militia during the American Revolution.
    A real malitia,I spect,would keep a low profile,therefore you would not know of it's existance.
    As far as the gummint is concerned,you may think it is not concerned with the militias,but I spect it is and just doesn't want the public to take them seriously!That's why you see those morons on TV being used as examples. If folks knew what is really out there they would pay more attention and even possibly realize just how bad we are being screwed,and see that there ARE folks that take it seriously.
    The RED DAWN movie was OK,and it would be quit effective if the citizens had weapons and some real leaders,but political correctness is eliminating both at a rapid pace,pretty soon there may not be enough left,and the liberals will have won.
    Think about it!
    PS,there are malitias and there are militias,some good,some not so good.Like any other organization,they are only as good as their members and their goals.:cool:

9. Bob, I got news for ya...

You are a memeber of the militia. Don't believe me? GO look up USC Title 10 Section 311 and read all about the "unorganized militia". Everyone who ain't active duty and is able-bodied belongs in this category. Sorry, bub.

10. JUSTAGUY

JUSTAGUY G&G Newbie

Doglips,

I never thought about any a this. But the way you put it, the whole thing (stupid as it sounds) is good for a wake up laugh.
    We are laughing, aren't we?? Sure we are.

Thanks Bud,

JUSTAGUY

11. Armorer

Armorer Guest

WE THE PEOPLE <----- That's US folks

Like any group of "people" you will always have those that are running about with a magazine a few rounds short.

I think the Red dawn thing won't happen. More like Dark Angel. A terrorist EMP blast to take down the computer systems everywhere, to make us a third world country.

Our troops are abroad so the UN will have to "guard" us.

Marshal Law for our own good will be in acted.

This is what we can look forward to.

Until then, Make our dollar, and BBQ on the weekends, just like everyone else.

12. Hmm

The Militias can be pretty pathetic, or at least look like it. However, the real force are the everyday Joe's that will come out of the wood work when the doo hits the rotating blades. There are far too many people willing to lay it on the line that no one has ever heard of or from. Just remember those on the plane that went down in Penn, and the countless others that were heros at NYC.

I harken back to emperor Hirohito's remarks about not invading America, what with a gun behind every tree and all.

13. You mean you don't have a faraday cage around your important electronics? Shame on you!

:eek:

14. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I think Klaus and the Armorer are close to it. I suspect that, were we attacked from outside, the initial attack would be much more devastating than just an EMP, or just a bunch of commandos dropping out of the sky after a strategic nuclear strike. We'd probably be defending scorched earth for the most part, with remote rural locations of no strategic importance being the last vestiges. Then the second strike would come and that would be about it. After that, we'd be in anarchy. No invasion force perse, no UN security force, but the order of the day would be survival of the fittest.

I don't really think there's enough power in the world to challenge us directly with any expectation of winning the fight.

If there was a reason for a militia it would be due more to internal conflicts. I expect a militia to form in event our government becomes more repressive with continued governmental restrictions, resulting in a loss of public support. I would think that the feds would probably roll tanks and Apaches in on rebellious states and enforce new laws and regulations. Then you would see state militias rising up to challenge that threat, for a while, anyways, until it escalates to the point that either we enter another civil war, or the rebellious states are put down by a massive and quick show of force.

In any case, it won't be snipers with high powered semi automatic rifles that will resist federal aggression. It will be guerillas with mines and armor piercing grenade launchers and heat seeking missles that will make the fight against martial law.

15. Armorer

Armorer Guest

>>>In any case, it won't be snipers with high powered semi automatic rifles that will resist federal aggression. It will be guerillas with mines and armor piercing grenade launchers and heat seeking missles that will make the fight against martial law.<<<<

COOL!

Hey Phil with no power they will all be just tan boxes sitting in the corner gathering dust :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2002
  16. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

WE ARE ALL IN THE MILTIA AS STATED IN ARTICLE II "A WELL REGULATED MILTIA BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE, THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" ! THE LIBERAL LEFT WOULD LIKE TO HAVE PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THIS MEANS THE RESERVES OR NATIONAL GUARD BUT IT JUST AIN'T SO. AS PART OF THE GOVERNMENT THEY CAN BE ORDERED TO TURN AGAINST US IF NEEDED. AS FOR FAT OLD MEN DID THEY INTERVIEW ANY MICHIGAN MILITIA MEN? PROBABLY NOT!

17. florgy

florgy G&G Newbie

All able bodied men between the ages of 18 and 44 are members of the unorganized militia according to US code.
    The National Guard are State militia, their commander in chief is the Governor of the state, unless they are federalized.
    Army reserves are federal militia, their commander in chief is the president of the US.
    Those fat, bald, old men are doing what they see as their duty to their country. I see nothing wrong with that. Regards.