Million Gun March

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by wes, Sep 11, 2002.

1. wes

wes Guest

Check this out. www.stanley.org Read about the million gun march in july 2003.

2. wes

wes Guest

3. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Go Rick,
    See ya all there packi'n?

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I wouldn't want to get busted packing in DC...What's up with the upside down American Flag Jerry ?

5. jerry

USA
    Not meant to be disrespectful at all

Borrowed from the above site Wes posted. This million gun march thing could turn legit. Stranger things have happened.

The International Charter of Flag Etiquette states that a flag may be flown upside down in cases of extreme distress. We fly our flag upside down to call out to fellow Americans, and to make them aware that our country is in distress. We seek to inform our fellow citizens and spread word of the changes that are needed to ensure our Liberty.

6. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Uhm...okay.
    My backside started to get chapped..

7. jerry

USA
    LD,
    I could tell. I'm watching to make sure no one gets too offended. That's not the purpose. If it's too disturbing I'll pull it.

8. Packing in DC is liable to get people a felony and....hence.....lose their rights to gun ownership.

What are they thinking?

Have it somewhere, like Arizona, where open display of a firearm won't get you 5-20.

Regardless of location they could still get news coverage and some idea of personal well-being might get more people involved.

I wish them luck but it seems one million people is like hoping for ice cream on a deserted island.

9. wes

wes Guest

Dale,why not? The Mom's do it,the gays do it,you don't have to be armed,should we all just sit back and let the NRA or GOA do our lobbying for us? WE,as gun owners need to get off our butts and show them,and tell them what we want. Even if a quarter of a million show-up,what are they gonna do,mow us down with machine guns? Drive over us with tanks? Or,will they listen to us? Not trying to be an a** hole,but we haven't gotten to far with the way we're doing things now.

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Glad YOU asked about that flag L.D.! I was getting a little chapped myself!

11. Wes,

I wasn't saying the idea wasn't a good one. The petition preface said that there would be no march if there wasn't a million signatures.

Getting the signatures......all one million of them.....is going to be the trick.

12. there would be no point to hold in Az or any other free state, they know guns aren't bad, and that it's the criminals not the law abiding with guns, that's the problem.
    To have any real impact it'll have to be held in one of the restrictive communist style states, and besides who's worried about getting arested?, who here would honestly try to arrest or even harass one million gun owners???
    -Jesse