close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mini 14 mag question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GunGeek, Apr 9, 2002.

1. GunGeek

GunGeek G&G Newbie

PA
    my dad wants to get a mini 14 and we were wondering can the new mini 14s take hi cap mags?

:assult:

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Yes, but the Ruger mags are not very common. Too bad they did not make it AR-15 compatible.

3. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

4. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

There are several different off brands that make reliable hi caps for the Mini14/30. Grab a copy of a Shotgun News, you'll find them.

5. GunGeek

GunGeek G&G Newbie

PA
    what are some good quality and reasonably priced aftermarket mini 14 mags i found some really good prices on http://www.cdnninvestments.com and i was wondering what brand they are and if they are any good

6. The P.M.I. mags seem to be the best hicaps out there anymore.The Rugers when ya can find them go for $100 a piece and up mags prices and availibility are somewhat of a pain if ya start with the wrong ones first.www.ammoclip.com and www.deltaforce.com both have the P.M.I.'s for around $55-$70.:target:

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Klaus, they do make mags to fit both the Mini14 and the AR15. They are made by "Ram-Line" and can be found advertised in the back of Delta Press and Delta Force cataglogues. They run about $40. Just an FYI for ya!