Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini Pistol crossbows are commonly used in targeting practice rather than bow hunting because they are not as powerful as other crossbow types like recurve and compound crossbows. It is an ideal weapon for hunting small animals and backyard practice.
If you have never used a crossbow, then it would be a good start for your hunting adventures. Although they are small in size and look fun, they are not a toy for kids. They are a lethal weapon with strong piercing power. You can find more on thebowgear.com

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Done a lot of hunting with that have ya Alice? I'd love to see some of your trophy pics.
Yep I would like to see the trophy room also. I have only had one a few years and have not really tried to hunt with it because it just does not have much accuracy or range. A squirrel at 15 feet would be iffy. Our squirrels do not let you get that close. So, at least post your targets showing the accuracy and brand you have. Maybe I have the wrong one.

·
Registered
20,041 Posts
My friend discovered these have more power than he expected when he blasted a dart through the wall of his storage shed.
I launched one of the plastic practice darts, with a blunt end, through the door or our well house at the farm. Every other dart just stuck out of the door like a dartboard, but this one found a soft spot, sheared the plastic fletching off, and still had enough oomph to make a little black mark on the reservoir canister.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I launched one of the plastic practice darts, with a blunt end, through the door or our well house at the farm. Every other dart just stuck out of the door like a dartboard, but this one found a soft spot, sheared the plastic fletching off, and still had enough oomph to make a little black mark on the reservoir canister.
I know a guy that was playing with his new crossbow and for some reason just had too see how it looked with a broad head on it. He was safe and kept it pointed away from anyplace a person might be. However, somehow the safety came off, the trigger got pulled and it went under the bottom of his closed garage door, down the drive way, across the street and through the garage door accross the street. So feeling terrified that the arrow got loose he went over and knocked on their door. They had not heard a thing but went to check when he insisted. They were not angry at all, but he bought them a new Michelin tire to replace the one with the arrow in it. Said he was totally shocked it just kept skidding along.

If it happened to me it would be the most closely guarded family secret.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Save your money & get a real crossbow they are not that expensive as the once were.
I picked up a BearX Saga 405 for only $280 last year. That a 405 ft per sec bow with scope that has enough power to take down anything you would want to hunt.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a New Viper SS..On sale three weeks ago 39.95.. But I wouldn't want to get shot with it at 40 feet, might not be around..look on you tube small game Hunting..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts