close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Minimum Caliber

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

What is the smallest caliber handgun you carry ? Why ? :eek: :rolleyes: :fuss: :nod: :target:

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

.22 mag. Because the pistol is ultra concealable.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Yep, I'm with Klaus. A .five-shot .22. NAA. VERY concealable. Better that than nothing I figure.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I've been wanting one of those with the belt buckle holster...

5. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    Beretta .22lr mod. 21a. Shirt pocket small.

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

.38 snub, don,t trust anything smaller for stopping power.

7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    used to have a .38 Taurus 85CH. I don't actually "carry" it but my MKII has gone on many a fishing & camping trip. I don't worry about bears or anything. If I get a BG human type issue, I figure if he takes 10 .22 LR in the head/chest area I can used the 2 lbs of metal to beat him with. Hope to not have to do either.

8. Glock 23 40 S&W, it's light and conceals easy and besides it's one heck of a armadillo and snake gun.

9. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I've got a 25 cal Beretta that I carry when I have to be in shirt, tie & slacks. Ultra concealable & it gives me that false sense of security I need :lucky:

10. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Cyclops, you are right about the false sense of security. .25s have a well earned reputation for failing to penetrate clothing or bone. A .22 L is slightly better, even from a short barrel. A .22 WMR is MUCH better, 1100 FPS from a 2" barrel. .25s should be treated like pepper spray; shoot the bad guy in the face and run like hell.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2002
  11. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Ideally, I'd carry my mod 60 or one of my USPs. THe 25 is my 3rd choice.

12. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I forgot all about this thread

13. If you carry a .22 for self defence they can be effective. The most effective thing to do is to shoot for the head, and keep on shooting untill that person drops.

14. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I could carry a .22lr revolver...but not an auto because two or three percent of .22lr rounds turn out to be duds.
    .32ACP in my NAA Guardian because I load it with Glasers :target: