Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

My brother and I maxed out with the tags we had. I might go back up in a couple weeks for the black powder. I know some of you guys like to see snow so here you go. I love snow because it sure helps me see them.

I dropped two deer with my own handloads 25-06 using Hornandy 120 grain HP Interlock bullets. I a pleased with the results so far it being a new hunting cal/rnd for me.

My brother used 30-06 Nosler 200 grain Partitions.

I did not get to try my Sierra 220 grain RN this season although I had the NEF 30-06 out several times in the week.

I also bagged a nice 8" spruce. See bullet hole at bottom.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,573 Posts
Excellent photos. Looks like you guys had a nice hunt. Do you do your own processing? A lot of work to do there.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My daughter wanted most of my three deer and insisted on paying the processing. I'm taking a little for myself. That's why I want the blackpowder deer for myself. I will cut it myself, preferring big chunks for the crock pot.

Nothing better than a hot bowl of stew during the cold months.

We did cut up seven one year ourselves about three years ago. We vowed never that many again.

where do u hunt in mn being a fellow minnesotan?
Block 180 on the North Shore along Hwy 61. Two miles in from the Split Rock Lighthouse. We can see Lake Superior from most of our tree stands. One night I had to go out and track my brothers doe he couldn't find (which I found) and three big ore ships were out on the lake all lit up heading into Duluth. It was very cool..never seen anything like that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
pretty close to the border huh?
i hunt my grandpas land with my dad and whenever my bro shows up(once every 3 years for a day or two) in block 297
pretty nice bucks in my area,tons of does too

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice job killer, those look like they were pretty healthy deer before you shot them I mean.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Nice, I definitely would say that your hunt was a success! I am envious I did not get to go this year, too many family and work obligations. Our season is in Sept – Oct. Enjoy!

Despoiler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts