close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mitch mcconnell, a man of his word .

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by SUBMOA, Aug 11, 2017.

1. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

So, it seems the senate is not capable of moving the president's agenda forward . To hear mitch mcconnell talk currently, the president is too new to this line of work , and doesn't understand how Washington DC works. But I remember mitch mcconnell talking about the then candidate for president , in a much different tone . One that explains the inactivity of the president's policies being implemented.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sg=AFQjCNGBToDtIRDmL7lJimwJrIBAKWsoGg&ampcf=1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNGeZEmN1vlWGg_V5yqz3mwqxton5w

I realize that this applied to then candidate trump, but I do believe that this is what is part of what is happening and why the president's agenda is a slow go.
    It is hard to believe that mcconnell would suddenly change and be supportive of Trump. My first inclination is mcconnell is doing exactly what he said that he was going to do. Just my thoughts.

TXplt, Ten Man and PAPA G like this.
  2. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

RINOS are just dumbocrats in red suits instead of blue suits.

They are ALL traitors to the American citizens.

Crazy 8, PAPA G, jwrauch and 6 others like this.

3. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

They fail to understand that Trump is NOT a politician. He is a business man and that is how he tries to run things.

PAPA G, Huey Rider, jwrauch and 3 others like this.
  4. SUBMOA

I don't think it is so much them thinking he doesn't know, as much as it is them trying to torpedo his term in office to project a image of ineffectiveness ,so they can go back to business as usual.

Crazy 8, PAPA G, FortyXDM and 8 others like this.
  5. McConnell and many of the other old line politicians still don't realize that Trump was elected precisely because he is not a politician but a business man...to say that Trump doesn't understand how Washington works makes the statement for ridding Congress of the old timers at the earliest possible date..."How Washington works" is the very reason we are in most of the messes we are in..and they want to just keep on doing what has almost destroyed the US to date.

I hope the voters will take a really hard look at both sides of the aisle and dump the ones that "really understand how Washington works"..

Huey Rider, Crazy 8, SUBMOA and 4 others like this.
  6. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The thing is, House majority leader is Paul Ryan, who ran against Trump for the nomination. Although he did seem to change his tune a bit after the election.

SUBMOA and PAPA G like this.
  7. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

The republicans have had congress for HOW long now ?

And now that we have a President that will sign their work into law, how far has congress gotten ?

Do we have CC reciprocity ? Unregulated suppressors ? Tax Reform ? Obamacare repeal ?

Anything ?

Bueller ?

These are LEGISLATIVE changes.

McBoner is simply a yin to the dems yang. A big government statist who's the same as a democrap; just goes about things in a different way.

Most of the "boom" we've seen is simply through executive action; rolling back the oppressive BS from the previous regime. It's very helpful but kongress needs to roll back the big ticket items.

And they don't want to; republik OR dem. They're all Washington Bubblers.

8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That is so true but many voters are party supporters rather than who is best to elect, which brings me to what does a voter do when his ballot choices are no good?Since the only choice I had was Trump or Klinton, I sat out the vote. It was like voting for your choice to die...slow roasted or boiled in oil!

SUBMOA and TXplt like this.
  9. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey G&G Evangelist

Remember that politicians, no matter the party, can't do anything overnight. They have to run all their moves by their bosses (ie corporate overlords) to make sure that the bosses are happy with the moves/laws they make. Gots to keep those big bucks flowing into their coffers.

SUBMOA likes this.
  10. SUBMOA

@gandog56, ? Have you been following the election to replace Jeff Sessions now that he is unable to fulfill his senate role.
    https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...ahUKEwi8xuu2otLVAhWW14MKHR3UDKIQ0QwIGw&adurl=
    He is the conservative choice by Mark Levin and Sean Hannity and others . McConnell is putting his endorsement on another candidate that he can manipulate and control . McConnell twisted Trump's arm here , (Trump was really not smart here ) and got trump to back this other guy, I can't remember the name. Anyway mitch and the goof off party are pumping all kinds of funds at their puppets campaign. Look at Mo Brooks and give him consider if you will. There likely will be a smear campaign against him. See mcconnell doesn't want any who would follow the constitution similar to Cruz ,Lee , Paul , etc.

11. Bestiverhad

Bestiverhad G&G Evangelist

Soros has been buying congressmen for years and I don't see that changing

jwrauch, SUBMOA and PAPA G like this.
  12. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yes he has, but where is the investigators, and let him and his helpers spend the rest of their lifes in jail!!! All the talk of Russia controlling the election, but the Soros Threat is ignored! :mad::mad:

13. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Well if not Congress, at least we didn't get a liberal judge nominated to the Supreme Court.

jwrauch and PAPA G like this.