Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

What are your opinions about Mitchell's Mausers. Are there better guns for the money?

They claim to have "World war II" Mauser 98's but I've heard at least one source say that they're post-war.

A friend is offering to sell me a "premium" collector grade that he purchased from them. It's tempting but I would only buy it if it was made during the war.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Mitchells Sells some various Mausers, some very nice ones. You need to look at the Mauser itself and check the code and Date on It !!! Let us know what the code is and we can tell you more.
Rich

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
mitchells sells both m48's, and 98k's. the 98k's are improperly refinished and have renumbered parts. nothing physically wrong with the rifles, but you pay a premium price for a rifle that no longer has collectability. thoroughly research the rifle before paying good money for it.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
If your friend is willing to cut you a good deal then maybe. Otherwise, forget Mitchell's Mausers. I don't know if I ever recall good words about them. And that's good enough for me not to even consider them.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
A good friend of mine bought a 98k from them and it was junk!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I'll hold on to my money and keep looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts