Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about those ads for mitchells mausers (M-48's)in all the gun mags? has anyone bought one of these? i am thinking of one as a shooter, i don't know anything about mausers so it seems this might be a good way to get one that hasn't been cobbled together or otherwise mucked up. thanks in advance, any advice is apreciated.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I always felt their products were overpriced. I bought an un-issued M-48A for $180. Usually Mitchells wants about $395 for the same thing. I have a C&R license that makes it easier to buy out of "Shotgun News" and the prices are a lot lower. I bought a P38 for $400 and the last time I checked they, Mitchells, wanted about a $1,000.
Indy

·
Registered
676 Posts
Way over priced for what they offer, plus their ads use a little artistic license. You should still be able to find an M48 out there, possibly with accessories, for less than wht Mitchell is asking IMHO.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE..........

i go along on this. plenty of excellent condition shooters for alot less still available.:p

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Mitchells advertises them as having teak stocks. Never heard of teak being used on one. Or any other military gun. Teak is murder on woodworking equipment.
I picked up an unissued M48 for $164.00 with all the accessories. Absolutely perfect condition. Wouldnt recommend Mitchells.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I picked up an unissued 48A from a rack at a local gun store for $139.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all that responded, that is exactly the info i needed, not wanted, but needed. there is a store i've been meaning to get to about an hour from my house that is reputed to have a lot of surplus bolt actions on the rack, i guess i'll make it a point to go up there now and see what he's got. sounds like i might be able to get two for what i was thinking about spending, now i have to find some other ad to get all hung up on. thanks again -Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts