Mod for AK-47 Underfold stock!

Discussion in 'AK47' started by hotshotmike1001, Oct 6, 2010.

1. never mind

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  2. Why would you want to take the UF stock off anyway?

3. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

Wouldn't that be a violation because you're essentially converting a rifle to a pistol?

4. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

I was thinking the same thing.

5. its still a rifle

Thats why it has a FOlding stock!

a Pistol is Shorter

6. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Instead of doing this, why not just buy one of the various AK pistols that are floating around?

7. PSLMAN

PSLMAN G&G Evangelist

You have to go by what the BATFE determines a "handgun" is and a rifle without a butt stock may well be defined as a "handgun" by them.

8. ok

9. where can i find the back side of it so i can put wood stock on it?

10. Sprout47

Sprout47 G&G Enthusiast

You have to remove the rear trunnion - that is indeed considered a pistol now and with the foregrip it is illegal as per the BATFE.

11. i am allready puting the old stock on untell i get the other part

12. pico

pico G&G Newbie

smart move. I am not a fan of the underfolder stocks, but it might be in your best interest to simply sell it and buy another like you want. The underfolders typically sell for more around here.

13. drtybykr

drtybykr G&G Newbie

Per the atf you can NOT convert a rifle to a pistol, only a pistol to a rifle.

14. Sprout47

Sprout47 G&G Enthusiast

Actually you can do but what you can't do is change the classification by the ATF as to what it is when it was registered.

Turning a rifle into a pistol, ie one that doesn't have a buttstock, is considered in possession of an unregistered Title 2 weapon and can be prosecuted under such laws.

Research the Thompson Center ruling for more detailed info.

In order to legally do it you need to register it with the ATF.

And FYI - a rifle can not be legally less than 26" (that is why it becomes a title 2 weapon).