close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Model 180 Scope Mount

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by rexr, Mar 28, 2002.

1. rexr

rexr G&G Newbie

I have 2 Mini-14's both model 180- One has a scope mount wih "Wichita" stamped on it. It mounts with bolts through the old peep sight mount and a set screw to force the front down hard onto the front of the receiver. I have looked all over for another one for my other -14. Anybody know where I can buy one/who manufactured it?

2. AJY

AJY G&G Newbie

I saw a similar style one for sale in Brownell's catalog. Dont remember brand, but saw that it replaces rear sight. If you dont find it, I ve tried a couple of different sight mounts recently on my Mini. If you are interested in my findings let me know.

3. rexr

rexr G&G Newbie

Tried looking at Brownell's on-line but couldn't find anything that mounts thru the sight mount. The old 180- models are a real pain to find a workable mount!

4. AJY

AJY G&G Newbie

Have you looked at the Aimtech Scout Rail. It replaces the handguard and mounts by clamping on the barrel, should work with 180 series. I have one on my Mini.

5. gilleyg

gilleyg G&G Newbie

i need to get a scope mount for my dads old 180 mini 14

id love to hear about your findings. i found one on gunaccessories.com for 75$ after shipping but ?it seems? like it only has one mounting point where you remove the rear sight and im afraid to buy something that wont hold up to the recoil. i believe the manufacturer is wichita arms. they open thier store(mon-fri 9am-4pm)(info@wichitaarms.com) this is thier contact info{(316) 2650661} i just saw a price for thier scope mount for 33$ plus s/h if you ask me this may be the best way to mount to the 180 mini 14 if you dont wanna pay tons of cash besides everyone says they dont shoot straight but over christmas my dad and i took his out to the range and it hadnt been shot in 10 years it had rust on the gun in the action and had been stowed in a sock in the closet. i shot abot 15 shots @100 yds and my pattern was no bigger than a tennis ball using winchester (walmart rnds) bullets and i usually shoot only pistols. i was laying the gun down and there may be beginners luck but i friggen love that gun. i love all guns hooyaah

gunaccessories.com (?spelling?) 65$ +10$ s/h fits 180 series also have one that mounts the same for 181 series for same price. i have found tons that mount to the other models but have read that some with the single screw on the side are crap.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007