close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Model 1900 Question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 03FORME, Mar 17, 2002.

1. 03FORME

03FORME G&G Newbie

Hi!
    I'm considering purchasing a Remington Model 1900 12 gauge SxS shotgun. It appears to be in fine shape and the barrels are steel (as opposed to Damascus). It locks up tight and the bores are in excellent condition. Was this shotgun chambered for 2 3/4 inch shells and is it safe to shoot modern smokeless shells in it?
    Thanks in advance for any info!
    Pete

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

wonder if this guy bought the thang!!!

:confused:

3. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

I don't know anything about his question so won't respond.

However, soon I'll be taking my new Remington 700 in 30-06 out to the farm to zero in the new scope.
    Haven't done this before. Got any suggestions.

I'm using a Leupold 3x9x40 scope.

Oxford

4. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

Tc300Mag1:

I'm set up at 75yds with my target for zeroing in.

During deer season I would guess 100 yds+/- would be the approximate distance I'll be shooting, but it could be farther.

Ox:nod:

5. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

Tc300Mag1:

Thanks. Yes, it was boresighted at Cabelas. I've got several boxes of 150, 165, and 180 grain 30 cal. ammunition. I suppose the 180 could blow out too much deer meat if hit wrong. Probably will use the 150. What's your thoughts on this?

Ox :nod:

6. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

Ok. After reading your comments here's what I think I'll do. Probably use the 165 grain mostly to sight in.

After getting the scope sighted in I may fire a few rounds of the other stuff to see what effect it has on the target. If very little difference or no difference is noted in accuracy, I'll use whatever ammo I've got the most of. Could be that the 150 may seem better for me, too.

:nod: Thanks again for your comments. Good shooting to you.

Ox:

7. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

Tc300Mag1: Are you into deer hunting or mainly shooting targets? I don't belong to a firing range but I do have access to a good sized farm where there's plenty of hunting availiable for deer and quail and a great place for target shooting.

Ox