close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Model 20

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jimbo, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo G&G Newbie

I have a model 20 in 250 savage. It's a sweet little rifle, but suffers a pitted bore. It's still shootable though, but I keep shooting to objects to under 100 yards.
    I envisioned this little rifle as a nice short range whitetail gun. Here in B.C. we have a small number of whitetails in the south. I live on Vancouver Island and once in a great while I get to the mainland to hunt these little critters.
    I have obtained a side mount and have tried a 2.5 times scope, however failing eyes now dictate a higher power scope. This maybe a good thing in way of accuaracy, however it will effect the overall look and balance.
    My concern is whether to rebarrel this old shooter or hang her on the wall and retire her from active duty?
    any idea's,
    Jimbo

2. txtornado

txtornado G&G Newbie

Tx
    Go to huntamerica.com and accuratereloading.com and look in the gunsmith sections, there have been postings about gunsmiths that rebore and reline barrels on old rifles for about 1/2 of what a rebarrel will cost plus your gun will still look original.

RJS

3. txtornado

txtornado G&G Newbie

Tx
    jimbo,

there is a Mark Beinke in Klamath Falls, Idaho that does this type of work will look tonight for his number.

TT