close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Model 22A ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brian Lavin, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Brian Lavin

Brian Lavin G&G Newbie

SoCal
    Looking for actual experiences with the .22 competion model, with the anatomic target grips. I have heard they shoot well, but are prone to breakage. If you have had one, what broke, what problems did you encounter?
    Thanks.

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I don't have one (yet!) but have shot a friend's S&W. I love those grips! They feel so good in my big hands. The pistol seemed very accurate, in comparison to my Buckmark. The Smith has better sights (IMHO). My only complaint is the shape of the trigger. Like most pistols it is too curved, and is uncomfortable after shooting awhile. The sharp edge hits my finger. My Buckmark does this too.
    Only other complaint - these grips aren't available on the 7" barrel model, only the 5".
    Two guys here have the S&W, and haven't experienced any breakages. Functioning so far is flawless.
    I would add a good red dot optical sight.

:target:

3. Allen

Allen G&G Newbie

SW OH
    M22A experience

I have a M22A standard model with 5" bbl. I've fired about 1500 rounds through it with only one problem. The recoil spacer bent and became unusable. I bought a couple from GPC and keep one in the pistol case. This part is a small white plastic piece that acts as buffer a for the slide. It is the only weak spot on the pistol. I own a Ruger MKII with 10" Bull bbl for target shooting, but the Smith M22A is the 22 I shoot the most. I have not experienced a failure to feed or extract.

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I HAVE THE 22A WITH THE WOOD TARGET GRIPS AND BULL BARREL. I USE IT ON A NIGHT SHOOTING LEAGUE AND HAVE NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM WITH IT EXCEPT WHEN IT WAS BRAND SPANKING NEW. WHEN IT WAS NEW IT JAMMED A COUPLE TIMES UNTIL I PUT ABOUT 50 ROUNDS THROUGH IT. HASN'T JAMMED SINCE AND ITS HAD MANY,MANY ROUNDS THROUGH IT AND DIFFERENT MAKES OF AMMO.

5. m14nut

m14nut G&G Newbie

NJ
    I've got one also...Not a hitch!:D

Shoots great, very fast gun!:cool:
    Buy one:target:

Attached Files: