close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

model 25N's

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by live2hunt, Mar 22, 2002.

1. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

got mine about 3 weeks ago and am very happy with it. mounted a 3-9X32 simmons on it and can shoot within 1" everytime at 50 yards. anyone else got one and how does it shoot?

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

:) I've got it's big brother, the 25MN. Great gun! I'm starting to collect Marlins now, and will pickup a 25N soon. I've been hearing good things about it.
    Last year, I got my brother-in-law interested in shooting, and bought him an older Glenfield 20 for Christmas. I refinished it, and put on a scope. He likes it. Now he's got a Henry Goldenboy, two shotguns, and has been eyeing some .357 revolvers. Dang, I think I corrupted him! I hope to get him into the squirrel woods this next season. We'll be using the Marlins. ;)

3. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

Big Dog - hey what does he think of the goldenboy. i also have one and talk about a fun gun with the best action i have ever seen. i don't think you can really go wrong with the marlin. the cost is good and the product is excellent. i have two marlins, a 1894 in 44 mag and the new 25N, those two probably won't be the last i own either.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

He likes the Goldenboy. I haven't shot it yet, but the guys on this forum rave about 'em. I always loved the brass-framed Winchesters, just couldn't afford them. I may have to have a Goldenboy myself one of these days.
    Basically, I'm a big Mossberg and Stevens enthusiast, but I like any good .22 rifle. I just recently picked up an old Marlin A1, which needs a bit of TLC. I hope to have it on the range soon.

5. live2hunt

live2hunt G&G Newbie

you really can't go wrong with the goldenboy, other than being a little spendy for a .22, it is the one gun that i take with to the range everytime. that much fun (and cheap) to shoot. doesn't matter if you are shooting 10 feet, 25 yards, or 50, it is just plain fun. nothing better than plinking pop cans from the fence. other than those two, i have a ruger 22/45 pistol which i love to shoot too, along with the other guns i own.

6. johno

johno G&G Newbie

25n

I've had one for about 6 months now, and i love it. it's a great gun. i put a 4x15 tasco scope on it and it shoots under 1" every time at 50 yards, and my best one is less than 1/2". I can't say it enough, i love this gun. as far as lever action and .22's go, i'll stick with marlins.

7. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

I have had one for 6 years now and I love it the rifle has out shot anschultz match rifles -- one of the best plinkers I have seen

8. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

I've got the 25mn myself it's really accurate. I shot a 357mag shell off of a stump at 35 yards. I still have that peice of brass with the hole in it. not to bad for under $200 with a scope.