close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Model 90

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Wayne, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

12 guage O/U Dated 1878. Marked 23/4 in chamber, Marlin firearms New Haven conn. Any info appreciated. Also would like to know the worth of this shotgun Thanks

2. MARLIN 90 COST

I HAVE 7 MOD 90 MARLIN SHOTGUNS.HAVE PAID $150 TO $400. 12 GA 20 GA SEPERATED BARRELS AND WEBED BARRELS. I HAVE PASSED UP 2 MOD 90 COMBINATION GUNS AND HAVE REGRETED IT EACH TIME. JUST LET ONE MORE CROSS MY PATH!!!!!!!!! ALL MINE ARE DOUBLE TRIGGERS SINGLE TRIGGER WOULD COST MORE THAN DOUBLES

DANA

3. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

Thank you Dana. Friend of mine just inherited this gun. He hasn't decided whether he wants to keep it or not Seems like a pretty tight ol' gun. It has the double triggers Prety good shape too Guess I'll tell him his best bet would be to hold on to it.Or maybe buy it from him LOL Not much into shotguns Thanks again! Good Shooting

4. THE BEST?

OF ALL MY SHOTGUNS MY 20GA MOD 90 WITH AN ENGLISH STOCK IS SECOND ONLY TO MY 20GA DARNE S-S. THE MOD 90 IS A FINE SHOTGUN EVEN BY TODAYS STANDARDS. IF YOUR FRIEND WILL LET YOU SHOOT IT PRESS ON.

DANA

5. polecat

polecat G&G Newbie

Marlin Model 90 quality

I got my first model 90, 12ga, bored m/f in 1970. Traded a Savage/Fox double that kicked like a mule and whose dependablity was that of a single shot because of bending cocking levers.

Deadly pheasant and fox gun. Full barrel best pattern I ever shot. 2nd was a 12, ic/m great for quail but a little slow on grouse. Found 16 ga, apparently same frame as 20 ga. Boring unknown. Probably tight modified and tight IC. Light and fast. Does NOT miss grouse. Best scattergun I've ever owned, including stevens, LC smith, Fox, Ithaca side by sides and Ithaca, Remington, Winchester pumps. In this gun, 16 ga is NOT obsolete. NEVER turn down a clean Model 90. Now looking for 20 Ga.

6. bigandrich44

bigandrich44 G&G Newbie

Dana, please turn caps off. On the internet, it is interpreted as shouting.

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

B&R, Dana has a vision problem requiring he use Caps - we just turn our volume down when reading . . . :)

8. I got my first model 90, 12 ga 28 inch barrels choked imp. cyl /mod in 1957 (serial No. G2583) when I was 15 years old. My Dad bought it used for $37.50 and cut 3/4 inch off of the stock so it would fit me. He added a piece back when I got older. I still shoot this gun as well as as any other I own hunting pheasant, quail and doves in Illinois and VA and sharptail grouse and huns in Montana. I just bought a Model 90, 20 ga. 28 inch barrels choked F/M (serial no. L214) for $400. I can't wait to try it out on sporting clays and wobble trap. I'd really like to find a 16 ga. to add to my "set."

9. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Polecat:When you have soft parts that bend like that you can treat them with borium at an Amish blacksmith shop or buy the borium and use a hantorch and do it yourself.Back to m90,buy it if you can.Nice shotgun. sam.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  10. ive looked it up on google and i think that the antique articulation of the gun you are refering to may make it worth more than any gun ill ever own out side my buissness copy restrictions. but hay, yes your gun is worth alot for a shotgun. today you cant even go to walmart without seeing rubber, fiberglass, or plastic. i know when i traded in the savage .22 i had for the moss 500AT, i had no idea what i would miss by selling it. now i wish every time i look at my curent gun that i havent. trust me. when you put a wood stock in your truck your vehickal and you gun become spiritualy connected in some way. i sold my 12gage and 4 days later my truck died.

selling a good gun is bad luck. even if you intend on getting a new one.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007