Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received from my father his father's Model 94 30-30 Serial No. 74,xxx. I was wondering how to date it and how to value it? This was my grandfathers sadle gun, he spending his entire life as a working cowboy.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
its very hard to put a value on a rifle without seeing it in person. it might take you a couple of searches, but there are sites set up for dating winchester rifles.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

As far as value goes, you really did not give us much info. What condition, what model ect. So I made some assumptions and I figure it is worth in the area of $2500.00 +/-.

But really it would take more than money for me to give up my Grandfather's rifle. So the sentimental value is really the question that you should be asking yourself.

Despoiler

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
In order to accurately appraise that gun , I need lots more info and close up pictures of the rifle from stem to stern. Info needed is Caliber, Barrel Length, Barrel Shape, Markings, Stock type,etc. and since the rifle is an Early Specimen, there are other factors that add to the Value that have to be considered in this. Condition overall and originality of finish are the Main factors.
1896 is Considered an Antique (Pre-148,000 serial #) Gun.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts