Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I woke up at 3:39 and laid in bed till
4: a.m. It was time to get ready for what some call the Big Event !!! LOL ! I stayed up late last night and I wasn't feeling at all that excited.
I got the coffee maker going and lucky for us our news paper must come between 2 and 3 a.m. so I retrieved it.
As I set at the kitchen table sipping coffee I wondered what the day would hold, would I shoot the Buck of my dreams and finaly have a wall hanger I'd be proud of.
I look over at the microwave clock and it's already 4:45 I got to get !
I laid out everything I needed to take before I went to bed so I didn't have to go rounding up anything.
I pull in at the locale convenience and the parking lot was packed full of deer hunters buying some last minute tidbit or breakfast.
I run in and get my saugage and bisquit and can coke and off to the woods I go.
Once I got my 4 wheeler off the truck and loaded I could now relax, it's pitch dark out and I motor to a deer stand I've never hunted on before.
I park by a monster size cedar tree which is about
250 or so yards from the deer stand and load myself up with my rifle, divvy bag and tiny flash light...I't shor is dark this morning Hummmm.
As I walk a few yards I'm thinking about Big Foot LOL though I'm really not a person that scares easy I walk back to my 4 wheeler and wait for day to break a little, because I can't find the growed up trail to the deer stand anyway.
I didn't have to wait very long so with the help of the tiny MagLite I made my way to the deer stand.

Around 9 a.m I haven't seen a deer, you would hear a lucky hunter off in the distance every once in a while fire there rifle. And around 9:12 KABOOM some one about 100 yards away fires there gun and I come up out of my seat Dam !!! That was close and who was that !
The direction the shot came from, our back property is about 100 yards off in that direction and a couple minutes later off in the distance I could see a feller clad in his hunters orange (?)
off in the distance.
He wasn't on our property but I crawl out of the stand and retreat back to my 4 wheeler with the intention of hunting where I should of hunted in the first place, I met up with my step father and he ask what did you shoot and I told him it was some else and that I was going to where I normaly hunt.
He hadn't seen anything either...Then he reminded me that the Arkansas Razorbacks were on T.V at 11.30 so we both high tail it back home to watch our Hogs play football.
We have a pretty long deer season and I'll go back Monday...It was a perfect day to be in the woods this morning and if the Hogs go to looseing I may be back in the woods this e'nin...A.H

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Good Luck, A.H.! I was in hopes of doin' some hunting today, but my back is hurting so bad, it was all I could do to get dressed. I'm gonna lay around and take a few of my anti-inflammatory pills and hopefully make it out to the farm yet. I've got two deer feeders and a hog trap that need to be checked anyways.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
well i sure hope ya get a big one, i have taken 2 in the black powder season, now waiting on the 17 the 1st day of rifle season, good luck A.H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts