Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I went up to Mjoave with my buddy and he filmed this quick clip with a cruddy video camera. I had some problems with the stripper clip in the beginning and one of my rounds hung, and I didn't stack them correctly so I had a slight bolt problem........but no sticky bolt or any problems related to the rifle, just poor preparation on my part ;-) The video camera is low quality, so you can't hear the tremendous echo effect firing in this spot produces. It's in a canyon and after the first "KABOOM", a second, thunder-like roar fills the air and lingers for a few seconds. Very fun! I was shooting some surplus 1985 Russian surplus (light ball). Very smooth.

MVI_2305.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

-TPM

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ArkansasHunter, yes, being left handed makes handling the Mosin somewhat of a challenge at times, but I am actually very quick in loading (with stripper clips) and firing.....just not in this video LOL :p
-TPM

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Loverly sound... I'm usually wearing ear protection so only hear the muted version. Good video.

Thanks.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Good bit of video! I love it when we can watch the "talkies". If you don't understand that, ask marion, moose, and billy! If you can wake him up, AH might remember, LOL!

Question? What is surplus surplus ("some surplus 1985 Russian surplus")? I mean other than Moose's truck? Ha-Ha!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Good bit of video! I love it when we can watch the "talkies". If you don't understand that, ask marion, moose, and billy! If you can wake him up, AH might remember, LOL!

Question? What is surplus surplus ("some surplus 1985 Russian surplus")? I mean other than Moose's truck? Ha-Ha!
One of my favorite movies is Metropolis...

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
SWEET. I love the smell of gun powder on a fine sunny day. I love that sound. Especially when it's followed by a thunderous echo off in the distance.

What I'd give to be able to drive to somewhere like that and do some shooting.

Looked like fun.

And I concur, video was fine. And as for the trouble you were having, my guess you wouldn't have been having it if that video camera wasn't running? lol

Like the times when you were a kid and you did something really cool and wanted you mom or dad to see, so you'd be like mom dad look at this, watch what I can do. And every flipping time they watched you could never seem to do it. Kinda like that huh? lmao

·
Registered
3,641 Posts

mooseman has a truck?? I thought he had a mule?:09:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glock, EXACTLY! Before and after filming, I was loading and firing at a rapid speed. I could probably put 3 stripper clips (15 rounds) through my Mosin in under a minute. I know there are faster folks out there, and accuracy is more important than speed (IMHO), but as soon as the camera rolls, both speed AND accuracy go out the window :p
-TPM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts