Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, finally got a few extra dollars to spend. I've been waiting on this purchase for a while and I just clicked on the buy now button. I'd like to hear your guys impressions of the sights if you've used them, how the sighting in process works, how the 100-600 yard adjustments work, etc. I will be making a product review video detailing the install process and the afore-mentioned subjects. Looking forward to seeing how well this and Josh Smith's corking process improves the accuracy on my 91/30. This is the next purchase in line unless Datamancer comes out with his invention first.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have thought about those sights as well. Looking forward to your video review. I bought the Prairie stock from Boyd's like Gunney has. I love it. I ended up cutting the barrel down to 24 inches and put a LER scope on my mosin. My next one is going to stay true to it's original form except maybe a sight change. I am hoping for a M39 someday but will probably get another 91/30 first. My budget is a little stretched. In the last year I caught a Milsurp bug and have purchased a K31, Mosin, and am currently saving up for a CMP trip for a Garand. Let us know when the review is up.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I have these on 2 M39's and a 91/30. I really like them. It improved my groups on all three rifles. I have the rear and the front aperture on all three. I also like the sight picture they give my crappy eyes. Very easy to install too.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Not knocking them, but I like to have my peep closer to my eye. Cant do a lyman because the bolt and split bridge.

If someone made one of these I would buy one. Im sure with the cocking piece moving a but side to side it may not be x ring accurate, but sure it will suffice for big game hunting.
Handloads.Com Forum: Peep sight on a Mosin bolt?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have had a coupla the Mojo sights they work just fine. The truth is on. M44 or 91-30 the sights are crude. The front posts are way to thick for my Mark I eyeball. A Mojo can help some but I know I can no longer shoot with Iron sights. The way I once could.
Changeing the sights won't help much.
Your Milage may vary

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So here's what the sights look like installed:

The installation was a breeze, too easy if you ask me, the fit and finish is amazing, these sights are well designed, look beautiful and are very light. I went to the range today to sight it in but, unfortunately, I ran into a snag, I had lowered the elevation as much as possible, but even at 200 yards, I was hitting 20 feet above the target. If I tried lowering the sights any more, the adjustment screw would obscure the aperture. Now I suspect this is my fault as prior to installation, I corked the barrel, as described by Josh Smith, and I suspect that the upward pressure is causing the issue with the bullet hitting so high. I'd appreciate any advice or info the community may have. Thanks.

Savy.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
35,868 Posts
And if still shooting high, try Josh's front sight system - raising the front post will lower the point of impact.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back out the set screw in the middle of the elevation knob and remove the cork. My mojo's work great.
When I was trying to sight it in, I had backed out that set screw so far it was obstructing the aperture and I was still shooting 20 ft high. I've already taken out the cork, just have to wait till I can get to the range again, hopefully sometime next month.

Savy.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Installing the Mojo MicroClick Snapsights

Here's the install video I made, as you can see, it's something anyone can do easily with basic tools, it's a great low weight alternative to having a scope on your rifle and allows you to see what you're shooting at:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhyFaIO4Xk"]VIDEO[/ame]

·
Registered
246 Posts
20 ft high??

The mojo i bought made my rifle shoot 8" high at 100 yards and the screw would obstruct the sights

·
Registered
4 Posts

The installation was a breeze, too easy if you ask me, the fit and finish is amazing, these sights are well designed, look beautiful and are very light. I went to the range today to sight it in but, unfortunately, I ran into a snag, I had lowered the elevation as much as possible, but even at 200 yards, I was hitting 20 feet above the target. If I tried lowering the sights any more, the adjustment screw would obscure the aperture. Now I suspect this is my fault as prior to installation, I corked the barrel, as described by Josh Smith, and I suspect that the upward pressure is causing the issue with the bullet hitting so high. I'd appreciate any advice or info the community may have. Thanks.

Savy.
[/QUOTE]

I am wondering if you know a someone who sells these sights and ships to Sweden?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts