Mojo Peep Sights?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Joshua M. Smith, May 28, 2008.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith G&G Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm wondering, on the SKS, how quickly one can pick up Mojo sights in a pucker situation compared to the stock sights?

The front sight on mine had to be drifted over what I would consider a ridiculous amount for windage, and since the Mojo sight has windage adjustment, I'd rather just install one and adjust it instead of the front sight, if it's quick to pick up.

Any experience here?

Thanks,

Josh <><

2. res45

res45 G&G Addict

The Mojo sight is a very good sight well made not to pricey at $39, My question is why do you have to drift the front sight over so far,whats the crown on your barrel look like,do you use the sling or bi-pod when you shoot as a support (can affect barrel harmonics) how deep is your finger in the trigger well first or second digit. I have two stock SKS rifles one YUG0 and a Chinese except for front sight post, side to side is pretty much dead center only had to do a slight up and down adjustment to zero it at 50 Yds.

[​IMG]

3. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

If you're going with peep sights, I'd say get the techsight peep. Its what I have on mine and it's extremely stable. Also has windage adjustment on it.

Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories

I have the cheap one. However, if that other one works as well, it would be worth the extra money just to be convenient.

4. Joshua M. Smith

Hello,

No bipod, and I've not been using the sling. It's on the wrong side for me.

I'm attaching a pic of the sights; I think they may either be canted just a bit, or the front hood is off center from the rest of the sight.

Thanks,

Josh <><

5. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

That's odd...I've never heard of an SKS from sight being canted. I guess its possible though.

6. Mojo sight. Do you hunt mojo's with it? :burnout:

7. Joshua M. Smith

Thanks gents. I sent off for a Tech sight. It looks like it should work the best for me, in theory anyway. I like to strip the bolt down when cleaning it, but I suppose that sight returns close enough to POA...

Thanks,

Josh <><

8. res45

res45 G&G Addict

It does look a little like it bend over to the right somewhat,I think the Tech sight would be of advantage to you. They have two different types one has elevation adjustment only TS100 the other has both windage and elevation TS200 might as well throw in another $5 and get a new front post also thats half the dia. of your original. I just changed out my front pin only. By the way can you get a shot of the muzzle end of your bore to see what your crown looks like,a bad crown can cause your Rds. not fly true.

Tech Sight pin on the left Original Chinese pin on the right
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  9. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

I will say that field stripping the SKS with the techsight on takes a good bit longer. Now rather than about 20 seconds, it takes me 1 1/2 minutes to break it down. lol

10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I have the mojo on 2 other rifles. I went with the Tech on my SKS as it nearly doubles it's sight radius !!

11. Joshua M. Smith

Hi Res,
    I ordered a TS100 this morning. Used a check so it'll probably take a bit longer, but I'm not in any special hurry.
    The crown is fine - but I do believe I can get a shot of it. Also included is a shot of the front sight - it looks like it lines up perfectly with the bore when drifted over. Also, it just doesn't shoot like the crown's screwed up. That's Wolf hollowpoint with a couple called flyers and a couple extra shots thrown in as it was a sight in target.

Josh <><

P.S. These are done in a hurry so they're not the best quality. Sorry for that. J.S.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  12. Joshua M. Smith

Sounds sweet. I'm almost wishing I'd have paid online now...

Josh <><

13. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

It really is a great sight. I took mine off and put it back on and there was just the tiniest shift in POI. Just make sure you don't overtighten the brass screws. When you zero it, zero at 20 meters. You will be on out to 200.

14. res45

res45 G&G Addict

Crown looks fine so does the front sight block,little bit of an optical illusion on the first pic posted I guess. Bore looks like it could use a good copper solvent run through it,just wondered if you tried some different ammo types you point of impact may change when you do. I have notice shooting several different brands one may shoot off to one side while the others all group together.

15. Joshua M. Smith

Res,

Thanks... the ones I've tried all shoot about the same, Wolf FMJ and HP, and Hotshot. That's what's available here.

I went ahead and bought 500 rounds of Wolf, and have ordered a Tech Sight.

That should fix it...

Josh <><