Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back after a long hiatus. I fixed the slam fire problem on my '42 Izzy 91/30.

Now I'm looking at the Mojo sights. However, I can only find reviews of the click rear sight. Does anybody have the dual apature "snap" sight? How well do they really work?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I'm back after a long hiatus. I fixed the slam fire problem on my '42 Izzy 91/30.

Now I'm looking at the Mojo sights. However, I can only find reviews of the click rear sight. Does anybody have the dual apature "snap" sight? How well do they really work?
I put a set on my plain Jane 43 Izzy and it made one heck of a difference. That was only at 50 yards but with my eye's I'll take it.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
How the heck do you get a slam fire in a bolt action rifle????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, well, it's a long story but suffice to say at the end of the day the bolt stop wasn't properly engaging, so every time I closed the bolt, the firing pin engaged. I fixed it though, I could (and have) wail on it with a mallet without it going off.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have the mojo peep sights, but they work so well for me I haven't bothered putting the dual aperture on.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I hesitate to comment on them; however, I've heard from some folks who had their rear sight come apart on them. I'm sure that, had they sent it back to Mojo, they would have made it right.

Personally, I find them mounted too far forward with too small an aperture to be much use to me -- the Arisaka is the same way.

Got me an idea for a no-drill mounting of a rear peep, though... working on it. ;)

Josh

·
Registered
707 Posts
I hesitate to comment on them; however, I've heard from some folks who had their rear sight come apart on them. I'm sure that, had they sent it back to Mojo, they would have made it right.

Personally, I find them mounted too far forward with too small an aperture to be much use to me -- the Arisaka is the same way.

Got me an idea for a no-drill mounting of a rear peep, though... working on it. ;)

Josh
The aperture really isn't that small, it's pretty much a ghost ring. I've had the same problem with it "coming apart" and it's pretty much user error; you back the adjustment out too far and the screw comes out and the whole assembly pretty much fails...all you gotta do is screw it back together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A bit late to the game, does anyone know a place that ships the mojo peep sights to sweden?
Was thinking of the MN91MCSS from this link: Nagants | Mojo Sights
Anybody know where I can get these?
Hope everyones staying safe with the covid situation :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts