close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Montgomery Wards highspeed .22 long rifle cartridges

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jack O, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

I didn't know Montgomery Wards even sold ammo until I was until I traded a fellow out of these at the range he had shot up a whole brick. The corners on the box are kinda worn. All the shells are there in the plastic tray. They appear to be made by Federal as there is an "F" as a head stamp and a number on the end flap OT 2A-0298 Do these have any value it seemed a shame just to watch him shoot 'em up.

2. I had some of the stuff to. I a plastic box kind of like CCI uses today. Mine was probably 20-30 years old and I can't get even half of it to shoot. I wouldn't think it would have any value but you never know.

3. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

Thanks for the info. It was more out of curiousity than anything else. I also like to see peoples faces when I show them the box they think it's some kind of joke. I just can't remember Montgomery Wards selling ammo.

4. I had some of this ammo years ago a friend gave me a brick, it was in some stuff his Fatherinlaw left him, I hated it, the driving band on the bullet seemed too large, I was shooting it in an old Ruger Single Six, and had to force each round into the chamber, but they seemed to be accurate on Dump Rats at zero to 20ft!
    I still have a box around here someware!

Have a Good one MR. Don in Ohio